Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Sanibel Island-FL Overnight? Or other FL destination? >

Sanibel Island-FL Overnight? Or other FL destination?

Notices

Sanibel Island-FL Overnight? Or other FL destination?

Old 12-04-2003, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sanibel Island-FL Overnight? Or other FL destination?

Anyone ever spent a day/night on Sanibel Island? I'm thinking of visiting for a day/night during my vacation to visit my family near Orlando. Perhaps at the Holiday Inn on Sanibel...anyone ever stayed there?

How about places to eat while in the Ft. Myers area on the beach? I'm looking for a "getaway" type of place rather than a party atmosphere.

Fort Myers is my favorite beach in FL and I like the atmosphere there. Anyone have other recommendations of places to visit in central FL that would be somewhat quiet, with a nice view, and plenty of things to see or do?

Oh yeah, I've already visited the Nor-Tech plant ealier this year (thanks Terry). Now all I have to do is save another $399,999 for that $400K 36' cat I want.
Old 12-04-2003, 03:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I worked at South Seas Plantation on Captiva many, many moons ago....great spot...T'ween Waters on Captiva is nice as well....

Ft. Myers Beach...Channel Marker, The Bridge are a couple spots....and HOOTERS!!....

Enjoy!

Old 12-04-2003, 03:34 PM
Registered

Sanibel Holiday Inn is what you'd expect, solid but not great. The problem with Sanibel is that most places have a minimum stay. No matter what you choose, you really can't go too wrong for 1 night.

I spend alot of time on both Sanibel and Captiva thru the winter, let me know if you need any suggestions.

As for Ft. Myers, i've only seen the beach from the boat so I really can't help.
Old 12-04-2003, 03:34 PM
Registered

How to get to Captiva for a "land lubber"? I won't have a boat down there. Not really looking for a boating excursion but would be fun to visit the islands.

Thanks for the post bodyshot!!
Old 12-04-2003, 03:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Use to be a place to eat called the Bubble room, Had all kinds of memorabilia every were! Tweed waters wasen.t that were they had the Crab races ! Jo
Old 12-04-2003, 03:41 PM
Registered

I've been to Sanibel numerous times. Have stayed at the marina several times. It's great, too bad you won't have a boat there. Be sure to eat at "Grandma Dot's" at the Sanibel Marina. It is too good. There's a canal that goes right through the friggin golf course, and is that ever fun to do in an offshore boat. Only bad part is you can never see the beach or the water by car on Sanibel, I bicycled the entire island and never saw water. Sucked....
Old 12-04-2003, 03:44 PM
Registered

Bubbleroom, crab races are still there. Try the green flash on Captiva.

Directions to Captiva - go over causway to Sanibel, turn left follow signs. With on traffic 10mins with traffic much, much longer.
Old 12-05-2003, 09:34 AM
Registered

Smile

The Sanibel Harbor Resort and Spa is a real nice place to stay. It has a good pool and several good restaurants. The other plus is that is right before the bridge over to Sanibel Island so you don't have the traffic backup like you have over on Sanibel. Several of the boat manufacturers use this facility for their dealer new product showings. Frank
Old 12-05-2003, 10:28 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

The best "Conch Fritters" are at the "Lazy Flamingo" on Sanibel.
If your looking for night life, 'Tween Waters, on Captiva usually has live entertainment, they also offer one night stays.

Last edited by Fast Shafts; 12-05-2003 at 10:31 AM.
Old 12-05-2003, 10:31 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you want the "getaway" Sanibel/Captiva is the place.
Many great restaurants right on the main drive.. Mc T's
Jackaranda are two favs. Grandma dots is good too.
Captiva must see is the Bubble Room, save room for desert. Crows Nest at Tween Waters either Monday or Tues. night for crab races, call for info but get there early, they are hysterical, the late show is PG13. If you don't have a boat the Lady Chadwick on Captiva is fun for a slow cruise to Cabbage Key or a sunset/ dolphin view. Ft. Myers beach is fun too but caters more to the "tourists" A new/ old spot is Snug Harbor for great food. On Sundays the Channel Mark is a good time and boater hangout and then Sunday night after 6 or 7 The Bridge is the spot.
Have a great time!
Terry
Nor-Tech

Quick Reply: Sanibel Island-FL Overnight? Or other FL destination?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.