Congrats to Stu Jones - Florida Powerbat Club >

Congrats to Stu Jones - Florida Powerbat Club

Notices

Congrats to Stu Jones - Florida Powerbat Club

Old 03-04-2007, 11:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Congrats to Stu Jones - Florida Powerbat Club

I heard today that Stu Jones of Florida Powerboat Club disqualified 6 participants from their recent Miami Boat Show Poker Run. The boats were disqualified for various reasons including no life jackets and or blowing past the pace boats.
I also understand that the people that were disqualified were not allowed to join the group for dinner or any other festivities.

GREAT JOB STU!!!!!!!!!!

During the APRA Safety Meeting that was recently held in Miami, the majority of Poker Run organizers agreed to share this kind of information with other organizers in the hopes of preventing similar behavior at other events.

I look forward to obtaining the names of the offenders so that they can be blocked from the NJPPC list!

Best Regards,
Dave Patnaude
President
NJ Performance Powerboat Club
www.njppc.com
Old 03-04-2007, 11:22 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

sounds like things are looking up!!
Old 03-04-2007, 11:26 PM
Registered

Only the wisest and stupidest of men never change. - Confucius
Old 03-04-2007, 11:37 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

so then that means were safe RIGHT DAVE !!
Old 03-05-2007, 12:40 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 790 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveP

I look forward to obtaining the names of the offenders so that they can be blocked from the NJPPC list!

www.njppc.com
I think that is a little overkill for a first offense. I talked to people on one of the DQ'd boats, and the pace boat, and they both agreed it was a mistake and have moved on. So should everyone else.

A person who has a history at more than one event is a danger, banning someone after one run will kill our sport just the same.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:49 AM
Registered

I see no problem with an offenders list. But wouldnt we be better, as a sport, to allow for education and fixing our mistakes. Banishment from future events after one offense is a good excuse to turn people away. I can see not allowing someone to run in a event if they show up not meeting the required safety standards. Then, if they refuse to learn from their mistakes and correct the problem, banish them. I agree with Cash on this one.

Last edited by RollWithIt; 03-05-2007 at 04:33 AM.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:40 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Stu makes his rules very clear at the drivers meeting. If you don't want to obey by his rules, you should not attend his events.
Due to recent tragitys at Poker Runs, changes must be made, or there will not be any more events and insurance rates will be insane for powerboaters.
I am sure for those who those who got "Banished", If they come back and apologise and relize the screwed up, they will be allowed back to an event.
I worked for Stu, he is pretty fair, and just wants everyone to be safe and have a good time and not get hurt on his event.
He has 100 boats, have of them do over 100 mph, where as when he started the club, they only went 60mph.
Come on guys, he is responsible for some serious horsepower! Put yourself in his shoes.....
BG XO
Old 03-05-2007, 05:42 AM
Charter Member #928
Charter Member

Well said BatGirl.
Old 03-05-2007, 06:28 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,291 Likes on 446 Posts

I think stu did the right thing, I wouldn't ban them from any other events, if/when they register pull them aside and let them know that if they are caught disobeying the rules again, then it's banishment.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:12 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
I think stu did the right thing, I wouldn't ban them from any other events, if/when they register pull them aside and let them know that if they are caught disobeying the rules again, then it's banishment.

I agree like this 100%. Who ever the offenders are if caught again should be levied a fine of some sort as well as banishment. It would also be nice if there was some signed agreemant stating all of that pertinent info in there and signed befor the start of the PR. Jeff

Quick Reply: Congrats to Stu Jones - Florida Powerbat Club

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.