Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Whew, just put the full cover on! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/65413-whew-just-put-full-cover.html)

fatdaddy 12-04-2003 10:05 PM

Whew, just put the full cover on!

Man, what a workout. Got an awesome full cover for the 33 Outlaw from Fischer Canvas in NJ. I highly recommend them, awesome product, price and turn around. I never had a full cover for any previous boat so it was an experience. Paranoid as I am about my custom paint, I went to a carpet joint and bought some thin wood flooring padding to place on all the corners and straight edges. I hope that this was the right thing to do. I'd hate to pull it off in the Spring to damage. What do you think? TIA

Audiofn 12-04-2003 11:05 PM

should be fine

Strip Poker 388 12-05-2003 01:00 AM

I have a full cover for my 388 Hustler ,its a must have , Its pretty heavy, I manage pretty good with it . Its tough putting it on in the slip with the wind blowing . like a parachute.

Griff 12-05-2003 03:59 AM

My full cove rfor my Pantera was a real pain in the a$$ the first few times I put it on. After a few modifications and getting used to it, i can put it on in about 15 mins. It is a heavy/bulky SOB, but I love it. It has cotton padding wherever it touchs corners & rails, etc. The padding tends to hold water if it gets wet though and gets a little bit of mildew on it though. Might want to watch for that.

Raypanic 12-05-2003 07:28 AM

I can hardly carry the cover for my 47, I roll it up then roll it back on. I will need two people it it's in the water.

OldSchool 12-05-2003 07:36 AM

Originally posted by catmando
I have to have help with my 24' boat cover. Did someone help you?

He is probably not 70 years old!!:D :D Just kidding

I've always found that putting on full covers is easier if you take them by rolling them up from the back. To put them on, hook up the nose and unroll it.:) :) The first time that I took the cover off off my old Formula, I just balled it up. I'm glad that nobody had a camcorder when I was trying to get it back on!:D :D :D

fatdaddy 12-06-2003 01:00 AM

Just me and my 66 yr. old dad. It was a ton of work and putting it on backwards the 1st time didn't help. W/ all the recent snow, I'm anxious to head to the shore house to see how it held up but the wife has shopping plans.

MitchStellin 12-06-2003 05:41 AM

Just learn to roll it from the stern to the bow and fold the ends over. This way you can unroll it easy. If you have to wrestle with it you will be sorry. I had a transport cover for my 33 and it weighed 125lbs. Just make sure you put it up high when not using it so you can get under it again to lift it. It is worth it's weight in gold.

CAP071 12-06-2003 07:35 AM

I had a new cover get all torn up on me few years back we had a really nasty wind storm and it started flapping around then all hell broke loose and it needed to be restiched.

BajaRunner 12-06-2003 08:57 AM

can you have a full cover reworked or do you get a new one. what i mean by that is i had a rail on the front i had removed, and it is loose in the front, tight on the back. can a canvas shop cut and do whatever they do to tighten it up?