Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Another reason I admire Jerry Gilbreath (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/65428-another-reason-i-admire-jerry-gilbreath.html)

C_Spray 12-05-2003 01:38 PM

Originally posted by Miller
...Is Mr. Gilbreath still associated with Gil Marine? Isn't Gil headquartered in Ohio now (maybe it's not the same one)?...
Gil is now part of Corsa Performance .

PatriYacht 12-05-2003 02:26 PM

What's with the Texmo Moth? Did it ever race on the unlimited circuit?

T2x 12-05-2003 02:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
More details...... Billy Seebold, among other things, is the greatest powerboat racer in history......period. With over 1000 wins to his credit...(remember when Reggie celebrated number 100 a few years back ?).....

Buck Thornton...... a Champion in his own right and probably one of the only guys they could find to drive this monster...... I tested with three of those engines on a Shadow Cat at Oshkosh...... wildest ride I ever had that didn't end upside down.

Jerry...... great driver...but his gifts are thinking outside the box, extraordinary intelligence..... and a tremendous depth of knowledge and experience. He is, without a doubt, the top crew chief/team manager in boat racing over the past 20 years.

T2x

PatriYacht 12-05-2003 04:07 PM

That's neat stuff but I don't remember ever seeing anything about an outboard powered unlimited. and I've been going to thunderboat races since 1970, mostly on the Detroit river. What year was this? How fast did it go?

TopSpin80 12-05-2003 08:25 PM

Mr Gilbreath sure brings out a lot of controversy...... let's keep this thread towards the man himself. We can keep certain things on the other thread :D

Ernie

WARPAINT 12-05-2003 09:41 PM

It is ok Ernie, that came from a different color paint;)

wayne 12-06-2003 05:51 PM

I just saw saw the key west video from wed and you see reliable just veer off to the right and smack into the side of another boat ( big thunder ? ) Every boat was going straight in the start and bam they just smack into another boat hard .. not jerrys fault but he was there .. HAHAHAHA

LOBSTERBOY 12-06-2003 07:10 PM

Wayne that was De Santis , and Wayne ,that's racing !! I love to see some of you guy's come out here and make it sound like you know everything there is to know about OFFSHORE RACING because you read SEARACE !! I for one have had the oner to race against's Jerry , and would jump in any boat with him !!! And that is the bottom line ...

mr_velocity 12-07-2003 05:30 PM

Originally posted by LOBSTERBOY
Wayne that was De Santis , and Wayne ,that's racing !! I love to see some of you guy's come out here and make it sound like you know everything there is to know about OFFSHORE RACING because you read SEARACE !! I for one have had the oner to race against's Jerry , and would jump in any boat with him !!! And that is the bottom line ...
Well said!!!

THEJOKER 12-07-2003 06:42 PM

I've raced for (5) years and won my share of races / titles. I get much of my information from being involved directly in the sport of offshore powerboat racing and I haven't quit yet! BH