Another reason I admire Jerry Gilbreath

Notices

Another reason I admire Jerry Gilbreath

Old 12-05-2003, 01:38 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Miller
...Is Mr. Gilbreath still associated with Gil Marine? Isn't Gil headquartered in Ohio now (maybe it's not the same one)?...
Gil is now part of Corsa Performance .
Old 12-05-2003, 02:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's with the Texmo Moth? Did it ever race on the unlimited circuit?
Old 12-05-2003, 02:45 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

More details...... Billy Seebold, among other things, is the greatest powerboat racer in history......period. With over 1000 wins to his credit...(remember when Reggie celebrated number 100 a few years back ?).....

Buck Thornton...... a Champion in his own right and probably one of the only guys they could find to drive this monster...... I tested with three of those engines on a Shadow Cat at Oshkosh...... wildest ride I ever had that didn't end upside down.

Jerry...... great driver...but his gifts are thinking outside the box, extraordinary intelligence..... and a tremendous depth of knowledge and experience. He is, without a doubt, the top crew chief/team manager in boat racing over the past 20 years.

T2x
Attached Thumbnails Another reason I admire Jerry Gilbreath-moth02.jpg  
Old 12-05-2003, 04:07 PM
Registered

That's neat stuff but I don't remember ever seeing anything about an outboard powered unlimited. and I've been going to thunderboat races since 1970, mostly on the Detroit river. What year was this? How fast did it go?
Old 12-05-2003, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mr Gilbreath sure brings out a lot of controversy...... let's keep this thread towards the man himself. We can keep certain things on the other thread

Ernie
Old 12-05-2003, 09:41 PM
Registered

It is ok Ernie, that came from a different color paint
Old 12-06-2003, 05:51 PM
wayne

I just saw saw the key west video from wed and you see reliable just veer off to the right and smack into the side of another boat ( big thunder ? ) Every boat was going straight in the start and bam they just smack into another boat hard .. not jerrys fault but he was there .. HAHAHAHA

Old 12-06-2003, 07:10 PM
LOBSTERBOY

Wayne that was De Santis , and Wayne ,that's racing !! I love to see some of you guy's come out here and make it sound like you know everything there is to know about OFFSHORE RACING because you read SEARACE !! I for one have had the oner to race against's Jerry , and would jump in any boat with him !!! And that is the bottom line ...

Old 12-07-2003, 05:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by LOBSTERBOY
Wayne that was De Santis , and Wayne ,that's racing !! I love to see some of you guy's come out here and make it sound like you know everything there is to know about OFFSHORE RACING because you read SEARACE !! I for one have had the oner to race against's Jerry , and would jump in any boat with him !!! And that is the bottom line ...
Well said!!!
Old 12-07-2003, 06:42 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Thumbs up

I've raced for (5) years and won my share of races / titles. I get much of my information from being involved directly in the sport of offshore powerboat racing and I haven't quit yet! BH

Quick Reply: Another reason I admire Jerry Gilbreath

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.