Notices

Remembering Pearl Harbor

Old 12-07-2003, 01:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Remembering Pearl Harbor

A moment of Silence for all who lost their lives on December 7th 1941

On a quiet Sunday morning December 7, 1941 a Japanese surprise air attack left the Pacific Fleet in smoldering heaps of broken, twisted steel. Here, peace was interrupted and paradise lost. In hours, 2,390 futures were stolen, half of these casualties from the battleship Arizona.

http://www.nps.gov/usar/index.htm
Old 12-07-2003, 01:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is a rare time when these days fall on the correct day...Sunday. This is a special day and is second only to 9/11. I hope we don't forget 9/11 like we tend to forget Perl Harbor. We must NEVER FORGET. We owe our life to these Men and Women.
Old 12-07-2003, 01:17 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Remembering Pearl Harbor

Originally posted by CAP071
A moment of Silence for all who lost their lives on December 7th 1941

On a quiet Sunday morning December 7, 1941 a Japanese surprise air attack left the Pacific Fleet in smoldering heaps of broken, twisted steel. Here, peace was interrupted and paradise lost. In hours, 2,390 futures were stolen, half of these casualties from the battleship Arizona.

http://www.nps.gov/usar/index.htm
I appreciate this thread immensely! My father was a Pearl Harbor survivor. He served on the USS Pennslyvania. It was the sistership of the Arizona. He was 18 years old.
Thanks
Ed
Old 12-07-2003, 01:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess my family was lucky in a sense, My grandfather was an MP at the White House during WWII. But His brother was in the South Pacific as a Gunner on a PT Boat. I thank them both and all who served.
Old 12-07-2003, 03:08 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

If one ever has a chance to see Pearl Harbor jump on it. Going there makes it a little more real. Seeing the Arizona reminds one quickly of the sacrifices that people make for our freedoms. We spent the better part of a day there on our honeymoon. Probably the best part of the trip IMO. It's just something that all should experience.

This could easily go for any other memorial in our nation whether it be the Vietnam Memorial or the others in our nation's capital. Seeing these things is something I'll always cherish.

Buck
Old 12-07-2003, 03:10 PM

only have been to Hawaii once and made sure I visited the USS Arizona - very real
Old 12-07-2003, 03:25 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

I have a degree in History. So you can understand I don't forget these kind of things. I find it amazing, and a bit disturbing, that when someone tells me their birthday is on Dec. 7th, and I say, "Oh, Pearl Harbor day," they often don't have a clue. They usually say they didn't like history in school and didn't pay attention much. Whatever. Slackers.

Always remember.

'Foul
Old 12-07-2003, 03:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

always remember..
Attached Thumbnails Remembering Pearl Harbor-pearl.jpg  
Old 12-07-2003, 04:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Waterfoul
I have a degree in History. So you can understand I don't forget these kind of things. I find it amazing, and a bit disturbing, that when someone tells me their birthday is on Dec. 7th, and I say, "Oh, Pearl Harbor day," they often don't have a clue. They usually say they didn't like history in school and didn't pay attention much. Whatever. Slackers.

Always remember.

'Foul
I know it is amazing that some people don't take interest in History. Frankly I find it fascinating. Perhaps that is why 95% of what I watch on TV are documentaries. I'm just drawn to it. Now as for the rest of the reality crap on TV You couldn't pay me to sit through it.

Roby
Old 12-07-2003, 04:43 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

The Real Story of Pearl Harbor is on the History channel right now. That is what I'm watching.

Quick Reply: Remembering Pearl Harbor

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.