Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
a little good news finally! >

a little good news finally!

Notices

a little good news finally!

Old 12-08-2003, 07:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fantastic This is like having a new life. I bet you two will spend a few nights staying up all night and talking. You have some serious catching up to do. I would be scared as hell but would relax once we met, the anticipation would be the hard part. Good luck and just have an open mind.
Old 12-08-2003, 07:48 PM
Registered

Hey, congratulations. There cant be any explaining the feelings that you are having. Enjoy the new life.
Old 12-08-2003, 07:50 PM
Registered

Cool man....keep us posted
Old 12-08-2003, 07:57 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Neat story Congrats.
Keep us posted.
Old 12-08-2003, 08:00 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

good luck.keep us posted.
Old 12-08-2003, 08:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best of luck to you! I could not imagine what you are going through right now.Must be very exciting
Old 12-09-2003, 06:21 AM
Offshore Addiction

thanks for the support everybody,still waiting to here from him as of this morning,maybe he's as nervous as me?my aunts told me he exhausted tryin to find me about two or three years ago and apparently hasnt told his new wife about me and thats what he is taking care of,last night I told my aunt that if he doesnt call me soon that I'm headed to tennesee to see him,she told me that if I do she's goin with me!according to my mom,the goat was a 66 389 tri power w/4spd that he bought off the showroom floor,kinda wish he still had it though ,and he traded it in 67 or 68 for a chevy 2 door with a 409 4 speed,and thats the last I know!

Last edited by Offshore Addiction; 12-09-2003 at 06:27 AM.

Old 12-10-2003, 07:52 AM
Offshore Addiction

well,we finally talked last night,he's been sick and has been waiting till he felt better,we talked for about an hour and hes gonna try to get down here as quick as he can,turns out he grew up right here and went to school right around the corner from my shop,he owns a big truckin outfit and two furniture warehouses,and a retail furniture store and even has a couple of furniture lines he produces,he used to work for national airlines,and was a CEO for learjet,and piper,and then became the CEO for a company in tennesee that manufactured the wings on one of the air forces and navy fighter planes,and then sold all his rental homes and went on his own doing what he does now about 12 or 13 years ago,hes been attempting to sell out and move to new port richey and do something else for about a year now!I have a brother todd who lives in nashville thats 29,and a sister tina whos 28 that lives in mobile,alabama,and a nephew from her,cant wait to meet them all soon.....the real pisser is that my mother has known where my aunt lives my whole life and never went by or told me where she lives,dont really know how to take that one,and when he was younger he had to live with his uncle who used to race formula one and small hydroplanes,he said my great uncle got into a severe accident racing hydroplanes back when they used to wear metal helmets that fit your head perfectly and I guess a steering cable broke in a turn putting him and his boat into a dock and denting this helmet and head,leaving him pretty messed up from the head injury!cant wait to meet him real soon!

Last edited by Offshore Addiction; 12-10-2003 at 08:12 AM.

Old 12-10-2003, 08:06 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Al,
That's fantastic. It must be so exciting. It's like gaining a whole new chapter in your life. I wish you the best, and your father. Hopefully, you can establish a good relationship after so long. I can't even begin to comprehend the emotions you must have. He sounds like a very well rounded person with a wealth of experiences, some similar to yours. My best to you.

That company in tennessee that made the wings, was it Aerostructures, by any chance?
Old 12-10-2003, 08:10 AM
Offshore Addiction

I'll find out baja daze,and thanks,thanks alot everyone!

Quick Reply: a little good news finally!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.