Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   O.t. Ozzy all busted up !! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/65785-o-t-ozzy-all-busted-up.html)

Chris288 12-09-2003 11:10 AM

O.t. Ozzy all busted up !!

The man who takes 40 something pills a day, staggers around taking baby steps when he walks, like he's got a big load in his pants, was out riding an ATV ???:confused: :confused: breaks his collar bone, ribs and a vertebrae.. makes sense, Ozzy can't even operate a T.V. remote,,,, it was probably Kelly's old pink electric barbie jeep... :D:D:D

Sharon Osbourne Rushes to Injured Ozzy's Bedside
2 hours, 15 minutes ago Add Entertainment - Reuters to My Yahoo!

By Kate Kelland

LONDON (Reuters) - British rocker Ozzy Osbourne fractured eight ribs and a vertebra in his neck in an all-terrain vehicle crash on his English country estate, but doctors said Tuesday he was comfortable and stable in a hospital.

Reuters Photo

Reuters
Slideshow: The Osbournes

Osbourne underwent emergency surgery at the Wexham Park Hospital in southern England overnight after the crash on an all-terrain bike at his estate in Buckinghamshire.

"Mr. Ozzy Osbourne was brought in yesterday following an accident at home," Consultant Dick Jack told reporters outside the hospital early Tuesday.

"He had a fractured left collarbone, he had some damage to the blood vessel that lies underneath it, he had eight fractured ribs on the left side and in addition to that he has a small, entirely stable fracture of one of the vertebrae in his neck."

The 55-year-old heavy metal rocker was injured while riding a quad bike during a day off from promoting his new single, a duet with his daughter Kelly entitled "Changes."

His wife Sharon made a 5,000-mile dash across the Atlantic Tuesday to be at his hospital bedside.

She caught the first flight from Los Angeles to London when she heard the news and arrived at London's Heathrow airport distressed.

"I've not heard how he is since last night," she told reporters. "I haven't managed to speak to him on the phone and I am going straight to hospital to see him."

"I heard about the accident from my husband's security guard. Apparently he was on his quad bike when he hit something and fell and the bike landed on top of him."

Ozzy, born in Birmingham, central England, first shot to fame in the 1970s as lead singer of the ground-breaking heavy metal band Black Sabbath.

His viciously angry lyrics, gruesome stage stunts and disturbing images of evil earned the band cult status.

Osbourne soon launched a solo career and hit the headlines when he bit the bat's head off at a concert in Des Moines, Iowa. Ozzy has since said he thought it was a toy.

His popularity has reached new heights in recent years with the success of his reality TV series "The Osbournes," in which he stars with his wife Sharon and two of their children.

Publicist Cindy Guagenti said in a brief written statement in Los Angeles that the rocker had undergone emergency surgery to lift the collarbone which was interrupting blood flow to his arm, as well as to alleviate some bleeding into his lungs.

Jack, who is also Wexham Park Hospital's medical director, said an emergency surgical team had now re-established the blood supply to Osbourne's arm and reconstructed his left collarbone.

hp500efi 12-09-2003 11:15 AM

SHARON......get me a few more pills and I'll be fine....

Leave it Ozzy!

SS930 12-09-2003 11:16 AM

I cant believe it took this long before someone posted this topic. :D

Cord 12-09-2003 11:46 AM

I can't believe somebody actually allowed him to operate a motor vehicle.

Cord 12-09-2003 11:48 AM

Wouldn't it be sweet to remake the commercial "this is your brain on drugs commercial"? Start with a close up of the frying pan and then zoom back to have Ozzie asking his kids if they want bacon with their brains.

puder 12-09-2003 11:53 AM

he plays up the decrepidness for TV he was into racing cars for a while a couple years back.

Iggy 12-09-2003 11:56 AM

he had eight fractured ribs on the left side
Huh? I thought there were only four or five?

Driving an ATV eh?
He shouldn't be driving anything.

Wouldn't it be sweet to remake the commercial "this is your brain on drugs commercial"? Start with a close up of the frying pan and then zoom back to have Ozzie asking his kids if they want bacon with their brains
LOL Big Time!!!
I've always said Ozzy was the poster boy for "this is your brain on drugs".

CigDaze 12-09-2003 11:58 AM

Poor Bastard....He probably doesn't even know what hit him.

He definately shouldn't be driving.

:)

Chris288 12-09-2003 12:32 PM

Originally posted by puder
he plays up the decrepidness for TV he was into racing cars for a while a couple years back.
Whats his excuse for the " stupid-ness ".... :D :D

C_Spray 12-09-2003 12:40 PM

Whew! :eek: For a minute there I was worried - I thought we were talking about the "OSO Ozzie" (aka "Wizard of Oz"). After what happened to Nelems last week, I didn't want to hear more bad news about one of our own.

Get well anyway, Ozzie....