Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
6 litre ford diesel problems? WHo had them bought back ? >

6 litre ford diesel problems? WHo had them bought back ?

Notices

6 litre ford diesel problems? WHo had them bought back ?

Old 12-09-2003, 04:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JUST STAY WITH THE PROVEN POWER AND RELIABLE MOTOR OF THE 7.3 IT HAS BEEN AROUND TO LONG AND GOTTEN BETTER WITH MILEAGE.
Old 12-09-2003, 04:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boot,

Our's had all the problems mentioned above. No power (like the turbo was not making boost).

It idled at different rpms and would surge at times which would cause the truck to surge forward while at a stop light (very dangerous).

The rear main seal went out at 1800 miles.

the turbo had to be replaced at 2500 miles.

the computer had to be re-flashed 6 times.

total loss of power twice while driving on the freeway here in San Diego (again very dangerous).

The dvd player had to be replaced.

This is by far the biggest POS I have ever owned.

I had a 99 F-250 with a 7.3 and a 02 F-350 with a 7.3. Both were great trucks.

The GM at the dealership we were working with even said that in his opinion the 6.0 was a POS. He said it has cost him sales because people are afraid to by them. He sent me to their GM dealer to look at the GMC's.
Old 12-09-2003, 07:21 PM
Registered

Check out www.blueovalnews.com

Ford has had a falling out with International - the supplier of the 6.0 due to the problems. They are looking at other engine builders. I wouldn't be surprised to see a diesel from a new manufacturer sometime soon.
Old 12-09-2003, 08:16 PM
Registered

they should have stuck with the 7.3L
Old 12-09-2003, 09:19 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

I have a really good friend that bought a new 6.0 Ford Dually. I didn't want to pop his baloon and tell him about the problems I've been reading on here , well he called me and said his new truck took a puke. I was like well let me tell you what I've been reading.............I have a 7.3 Ford Dually and it's been flawless - BH
Old 12-09-2003, 09:31 PM
Registered

Originally posted by stevel
Check out www.blueovalnews.com

Ford has had a falling out with International - the supplier of the 6.0 due to the problems. They are looking at other engine builders. I wouldn't be surprised to see a diesel from a new manufacturer sometime soon.
Wow...I cant believe they didnt have a general recall.

Thats amazing

Brian...hopefully your buddy will get a new truck out of this
Old 12-09-2003, 10:17 PM
skwotastropy81

the 7.3 is the way to go, that 6l is going to give ford a bad rap on there diesels, i still swear by the 7.3 has the best diesel i have ever driven.

Old 12-09-2003, 10:41 PM
Registered

I believe the Lemon Laws vary from state to state. In Louisiana, the vehicle is a lemon if three or more attempts are made to repair the same problem, or if the vehicle spends more than 30 cumulative days total in the shop for different problems, all within the warranty period.

The problems have to affect drivability, not just stereo, paint,etc. The Better Business Bureau conducts the arbitration hearing and vehicle inspection, and uses an independent volunteer arbitrator to hear the case. There decision is binding upon the manufacturer, and if accepted releases the manufacturer from any further action.

I had a Pontiac that had numerous problems, oil leak at 2500 miles, etc. and the dealer flat out refused to take the car in to service it, stating that he did not know when he could get to it. I told him that was his problem, not mine.

Each time I visited the dealer I asked for a business card from whatever ahole I had to talk to. I wrote the time and date on back of the card as the ahole watched. I then handed him a list of the defects, and asked to have the problems fixed, reminding him that I would require a loaner vehicle if the repairs would take longer than 24 hours.

I filed for a hearing with the BBB, and brought ALL the documentation I had. We examined the car, showing the oil leak, etc. Within a half hour after we left, the decision was posted in our favor. BYE BYE Pontiac.

The value of the car is pro-rated over 100,000 miles (1% per 1000). You need to bring any form of plausible proof- repair bills,etc. and it will be in their favor if there is no proof.

Good Luck-
Ronnie
Old 12-09-2003, 11:15 PM
AKA "BAZOOKA JOE"
Platinum Member

hello boot my 03 6.0 is back for another reflash #2 plus the cked the injector lets see this time
Old 12-09-2003, 11:18 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's something for ya :

Independent Voice of the
Ford Community since 1998.

Exclusive Report
6.0L Powerstroke Diesel Injectors Are Ticking Bombs
07 July 2003
Robert Lane
Updated 11 July 03

At the launch of the 2003 Ford PowerStroke 6.0L's engine, Ford used a fuel injector design that has proved fatal to the engine. The fuel injectors were stamped with numbers "3C3Z-9E527-AA" and later "3C3Z-9E527-ABRM". Within months, Ford recalled all of those fuel injectors in dealer inventory and by 17 April 2003 began to use a new design, part# 3C3Z-9E527-AE. Ford, however may have continued to build new 6.0 engines with the old fuel injector until 03 May 03. After that date, Ford used the new fuel injectors in all new engines and service applications.

The below Ford Motor Company diagram details the defective injectors on the left while the improved design is on the right. According to Ford Motor Company and Ford Master Technicians at FlatRateTech, the injector's plunger suffers from side loading which then causes raw fuel to flood and enter the engine's oil crankcase or hydro-lock the engine. Both occurrences are so disastrous to an engine that a total replacement engine is often required.

Image and text: Ford Motor Company

The Warning Signs
Ford Motor Company and Ford techs both cite a rough running engine as a possible sign that the injectors may be failing. Other potential signs that your engine may be included in Ford's 6.0 Powerstroke fatality index are a rise in the engine oil's dipstick level or a high than usual smell of diesel fumes/emissions.

Even though Ford Motor Company is aware of Powerstroke 6.0L engine failures caused directly by failed fuel injectors, they have refused to issue a recall. This is troubling to those who quickly rack up miles on their engines leaving them without a warranty to cover the damage or the cost of an engine replacement.

This is considered a "silent recall" where upon Ford may NOT notify owners of this condition. Owners should contact Pat Hoye (313) 248-8336 at Ford World Headquarters or click here for a Ford executive assigned to your area.

Owners are advised to have their vehicles inspected before the warranty period expires.

It's your money - demand a better product and Ford will listen.

CHALLENGE: Should Ford Motor Company dispute this report - either someone from BlueOvalNews or FlatRateTech will be more than happy to engage in a three way telephone conference.

Updates at BlueOvalNews.com

Quick Reply: 6 litre ford diesel problems? WHo had them bought back ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.