Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
6 litre ford diesel problems? WHo had them bought back ? >

6 litre ford diesel problems? WHo had them bought back ?

Notices

6 litre ford diesel problems? WHo had them bought back ?

Old 12-09-2003, 01:59 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Question 6 litre ford diesel problems? WHo had them bought back ?

With all the trouble the new 2003 ford 6 litre diesels are having , I keep hearing people have had Ford buy them back ......

I want in on this !!
After my trouble this weekend with the Excursion adventure , I want rid of my 03 F350 . I want a new 2004 without the problems ! This truck has run like crap since new .I was told this weekend ,by the mechanic where I was broke down , that there are around 85 different parts on the 04 better then the 03's !

WHo has had problems ?

Any problems with 04's?

Who has had their truck bought back ?

Or ,who knows someone that had their truck bought back by ford ?

How did this get done ? WHo do you call ? And how much hassle was it ? Does it require 3 strikes like the lemon law ,or are they more willing to please because they know they have problems ?

Lets get this figured out for everyones benefit !

Thanks,Joe
Old 12-09-2003, 02:15 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe that most people are doing it under the lemon law. I believe that it needs to be in the shop for the same complaint 3 times. 3 different complaints do not constitute a lemon.
Old 12-09-2003, 02:25 PM
Registered

Sorry I can not help you, but I can tell you that I special ordered a 2004 F250 on November 21st and was expecting to have it delivered near the holidays.

I got a call yesterday from my dealer telling me that due to delays because of the problems with the earlier trucks and changes since then and the holidays that my truck will not be ready now until late January. Not happy about it, but at least I know that it will be the latest version and hopefully all of the problems will have been worked out.
Old 12-09-2003, 02:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check www.thedieselstop.com I think a few members have had their trucks bought back. Maybe you could send them a PM and see what they had to do. I think you have to start by contacting the regional manager/rep to get the ball rolling. Sorry to hear about the problems.
Old 12-09-2003, 03:09 PM
Registered

We had ours (03 Excursion w/ 6.0) taken back under the lemon law.

It has to be taken to the Dealer at least 3 times for the same problem. With ours it was much more than that!!

We contacted an attorney here in So. Cal. that does Lemon Law cases, he wrote a letter to ford, and three weeks later we got a response.

Ford offered to either take back the vehicle and refund all payments (including interest), or give us a new vehicle with a 5 year or 75k service plan. I don't trust the 6.0 anymore so we opted for them taking it back.

They will deduct many from the point at which you bought the vehicle, untill you started having problems. For us it was 1800 miles. We are still coming out ahead.

We just ordered a new Chevy.

BTW: If you win your case ford has to pay the attorney fee's, which in this case was $2500.

Good luck
Old 12-09-2003, 03:38 PM
Registered

st31, some times later is better !

Pure energy, Good idea .

HAvasu cig, great details ! Thats what we need here !

Thank you ,Joe

Unyone else got some good details to share ?
Old 12-09-2003, 03:39 PM
Charter Member#1545
Charter Member

I have 2 very good friends that had their trucks bought back. One "launched" his engine on the way back from Lake Powell and the other had sooooo many problems they got tired of listening to him. I do know of many that have the earlier 6.0s that have had no problems at all. It seems if you get one that runs good, you have little trouble, but if you get a "lemon" it is pure chaos. If you are having problems it would probably be in your best interest to follow Havasu Cigs lead and pursue a different truck. Sam
Old 12-09-2003, 03:47 PM
bajathrottle

superduty 250 crew cab 03
i must have a good one. i have put 17000 mile on it since july 4 and have had no problems. hope it stays that way.

Old 12-09-2003, 04:00 PM
Registered

I have a conection to buy ford trucks and resell them to my trailer customers . I have sold quite a few 03 6 litres . They ALL add problems . I think that some people that don't know the difference ,dont' realize it .
I told my customers their trucks had ruff idle and "dead pedal"and and lacking power and we should send them back to be reprogrammed. They said "no, thats OK, it seams fine to me " ! They been driving them for months and don't know what they are missing !
Old 12-09-2003, 04:05 PM
Registered

Actualy , the Excursion that is dead in VA. ran great too . Had great power for 33K miles till it died ! I noticed the truck ran ruff once in a while and would surge some times in gear . Now it's dead ........

Quick Reply: 6 litre ford diesel problems? WHo had them bought back ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.