Notices

OT: Cingular wireless

Old 12-09-2003, 09:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OT: Cingular wireless

Today I signed up with Cingular after all the mess that Verizon has done...Any opinions here?

The guy gave me a cool flip phone for $30 which was 1/3 the price AND he added an additional 500 anytime rollover minutes per month to my acct. So I pay $49.99 a month for 700(included in plan)+500(bonus)=1200 anytime rollover minutes, 5000 night and weekend minutes(nights begin at 7pm). Does this sound like a deal? What kind of rep does Cingular have?

I still have nationwide calling/no roaming fees etc but alot more minutes for the same price...All opinions are appreciated
Old 12-09-2003, 10:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cingular GSM is pretty good in Chicago Area.

Steve
Old 12-10-2003, 01:00 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Not sure about coverage in your area but they have great coverage in my area.

That being said..... and there always is a but.... My problems with it are.

1) I had calls showing up on 3 or 4 bills. Same call same time same number on 3 or 4 bills. So they were adding to my minutes. They agreed that I was getting screwed but after the first fix they refused to credit me any more. My bills were 1400 a month!!!!! Went to Sprint, pay 200 for two phones get 4500 any time minutes, free nights and weekends, Free high speed internet on the phone (faster then phone line but not as fast as DSL) and it does NOT go against my minutes. Then I went to the Ford dealership and bought a new Truck and pay 630 a month for that. STILL cheaper then what I was paying with Cingular..... Just watch your bills.

The other issue that I had with Cingular was that they had so many people on their service that when people would call me and the towers were bussy people would not be able to get in touch with me, not even to leave a message. They would get phone number has been disconnected and crap like that that they were never able to fix.

Jon
Old 12-10-2003, 01:05 AM
Registered

Cingular for over 8 years.................love hate relationship.........just like all of the cellular companys.
Old 12-10-2003, 08:50 AM
chuckbeecher
Platinum Member

Like it! Works in Bermuda, Bahamas and Mexico. Incoming and out going. In Mexico you have to dial 011 before the area code. Just will not work in my house half the time.
Old 12-10-2003, 09:37 AM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

I just switched to Cingular after being with AT&T for 15 years. I still do not have my phones because AT&T is taking forever to release our numbers.
Old 12-10-2003, 10:10 AM
Registered

Had Cingular for a while but like every other company they have their problems. I had one phone with them then added a second which I picked up at a Cingular store, both national plans. Flew from NJ to IL for a race and my new phone wouldn't work. After talking with service it was determined that the phone was not programmed properly and I needed to go to a Cingular store in my service area. Lot a good that does me I'm in IL. When I got home I brought the phone to a store and had the program fixed. I called Cingular and asked if I could get a credit for the time missed. I was told NO since it was a programming problem and not a problem with the service. "But I bought the phone from a Cingular store." Still they tell me NO. So I tell them to pull up the account for the first phone I had, "Please cancel that phone." Then all the sudden they tell me that they will give me credit. "Too late cancel that phone. As soon as I meet my contract requirements I will cancel the other phone too." Which I did. Now the wife has Sprint and I have T-Mobil at work. Both seem to be OK but then again I haven't found a cell company that has been perfect and I've been through them all. But the crap that Cingular pulled really pissed me off, not willing to do anything because they "thought" they had me because I had just signed up for the service. Ha, F them.
Old 12-10-2003, 11:44 AM
Registered

Last night in my house I had a call drop...This is exactly how my aerial service was years ago. Could'nt get a signal inside the house but 15 miles offshore I had four bars.
Old 12-10-2003, 12:27 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I need to call them and get a package like yours. I'm on a month to month with them right now. I wasn't sure if I was going to change services or not.

At one time they had to change your phone number if you wanted new contract with them.
Old 12-10-2003, 12:31 PM
Registered

Hey Shawn, I'll send you to my guy if the sales person won't cut you the same deal I have...

Quick Reply: OT: Cingular wireless

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.