Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
what's your favorite single-engine 25-28 feet? >

what's your favorite single-engine 25-28 feet?

Notices

what's your favorite single-engine 25-28 feet?

Old 12-12-2003, 08:21 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let me clarify one thing. We build a great race boat. But this is to show case my product , we're not just a race boat company. Luxurious interiors , trick accessories and family performance boating is my direction. BH
Attached Thumbnails what's your favorite single-engine 25-28 feet?-mvc-014s.jpg  
Old 12-12-2003, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the input, guys!

C-spray, Yes 2 years ago I purchased my 30' Formula.
I may need to go a little smaller to trailer more easily behind my motorhome. (we like camping and boating on weekends) Also the twin engines are causing some major fuel suckage!!!! Waterskiing would be better with something a little smaller too.

We usually run the river and the lakes, sometimes the Chesapeake bay. I think a 27-28 footer would suit me better. (Maybe a Formula 271 Fastech?)

It all comes down to how much boat (used) can I get for the $$$$.

Toolman
Old 12-12-2003, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

More .02. I went thru this process in August and bought an 03 Pantera.

I'm afraid I don't get the freeboard comments. There's plenty of it and both my wife and kids feel very safe in it. I have the lowered footwells but most often ride seated so there is no benefit.

I do realize that there are "deeper" feeling boats that may have more fiberglass or windshield up high or down the sides but IMO these are overkill for this size boat and take away from the pleasure of boating- to each their own. I feel like I need a periscope in some of these boats to see- and I'm avg height at 5'10". I go boating to enjoy the outdoors, not feel like I'm in a car with a sunroof.

You mentioned skiing- none of these are good skiboats but you can ski behind them. My family enjoys wakeboarding. The Pantera will stay on plane at 18-20 with tab's down, few other boats on this list will do that.

Good luck with your search.
Old 12-12-2003, 08:57 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Brian (Joker), is the boat available with twin SBs & Bravo drives and if so, how does it handle the weight in the back? How about stand up bolsters? Vinylester resins? Is it available without the steps or notch?

Last edited by Indy; 12-12-2003 at 09:00 AM.
Old 12-12-2003, 09:08 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Toolman...I recently sold my Nordic 28. It fits your requirements very nicely. If you have specific questions, just shoot me a PM.
Old 12-12-2003, 09:22 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Indy:

I 've had that question often about twin small blocks. I've never done it and but there is room to do it. My philosophy with modern lam schedules is why add the weight , etc. 500 efi gets the boat real close to 80 mph but not that it couldn't be done. The steps are very small and they do not effect handling or turning. I can build a boat without the notch and yes vinylester resin is what I use. As far as bolsters yes stand up is available or the much preferred by the racers , sitdowns (All by Premier Performance Interiors). Come and visit anytime - BH
Old 12-12-2003, 09:27 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Brian...how do I get in touch with you?
Old 12-12-2003, 09:36 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Indy:

Feel free to call my cell 770-540-3772 , also if you have any other questions on rigging you can call Tres Martin direct @ 954-587-1220. Tres's committment to rig and test my boats brings great value to my company.

Brian Hollis
www.jokerpowerboats.com
Old 12-12-2003, 09:49 AM
25 Eagle

People on the right coast don't see a lot of Eliminator's. Eagle's are nice boats.

Old 12-12-2003, 10:30 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Have you ever thought about one of the Reindl 28? They will handle any water you can give it and is a very easy boat to handle around the docks! Almost no bowrise and would be great for skiing. ALSO...i would bet you that you would never run into another boat on the lake like yours!!
Attached Thumbnails what's your favorite single-engine 25-28 feet?-left.jpg  

Quick Reply: what's your favorite single-engine 25-28 feet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.