Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
what's your favorite single-engine 25-28 feet? >

what's your favorite single-engine 25-28 feet?

Notices

what's your favorite single-engine 25-28 feet?

Old 12-13-2003, 07:28 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by JROMY
Just to blabber a bit more ...

- for a "family boat" are you going to take a Bat Boat to the local hang out and have the girls lay out on each wing and put the kids up on the bow.
I have seen it many times with our customers. The boat even sleeps 3 if you are in a pinch. And I can assure you it is the best one to Ski and Wakeboard behind. There is no way the others get on plane under 20 MPH - thus making boarding or kneeboarding all but impossible.

Chris Reindl
[email protected]
Old 12-13-2003, 07:35 AM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

JROMY,

I think you'd be very surprised to see the size and make up of the cabin and storage in a 27 Progression.

I have three kids and it worked for me. Ask Indy...he's been on it !
Old 12-13-2003, 07:46 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

me , i chose a old old cigarette , to the age of 1972 solid like concrete . set up for a single 540 like the layout because i can seat 8 people foward of the consoles plus i still have a 7 ft cabin for stabbin
Attached Thumbnails what's your favorite single-engine 25-28 feet?-cigar.jpg  
Old 12-13-2003, 07:52 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

pic of the transom, filled all the holes and worked out the exaust holes. should look nice and clean all new hardware , tabs, dual mayfair , stainless marine dry pipes. tihs is after a layup of 1708 and duratec.
Attached Thumbnails what's your favorite single-engine 25-28 feet?-back.jpg  
Old 12-13-2003, 10:04 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally posted by Wes Smith
JROMY,

I think you'd be very surprised to see the size and make up of the cabin and storage in a 27 Progression.

I have three kids and it worked for me. Ask Indy...he's been on it !
I know JROMY and what he's looking for, and I've been on Wes's Progression. I think JROMY is looking for a Sonic type boat that has the large cabin room and spacious amenities he's looking for. He's also looking for stand up bolsters that the Progression doesn't offer. But, Wes's boat is a motherf$#@er. That thing accelerates, turns, and rides like a dream. It's also built very strong. If it isn't tough and strong, it's not in that boat. The pad is nice and flat and you don't roll off of it like other boats. Wes is offering it for a very good price and it will make somebody a happy person. Oh...he's very particular about his boats, it's in great shape.
Old 12-13-2003, 10:45 AM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Originally posted by Too Old
Sheesh Wes.

You could have at least posted a photo. Looks like I'm going to have to give you some boat selling lessons.
That's for sure !
Old 12-13-2003, 10:59 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JROMY:

One thing you do have to remember is that I've seen the flat screens and microwaves all laying in the floor of some boats after a rough ride in the Atlantic . As a custom builder I can put anything you want in the cabin though.....

Fever Mike:

Daytona 2001 - hmmmmmmmmmm Didn't win that race but 2nd place felt pretty good to me that day. John Tomlinson called it the roughest race of his career that weekend. With huge ground swells and 6-8fts it's something I'll never forget. On the first lap we watched the purple Warlock and Pantera take a 1/4 mile shortcut and we said ya know this could be our day. Fountain , Warlock , Phantom , Corsa , Pantera and a host of others finished behind us. I have a onboard tape of that race that shows what my boat is capable of. I'll be glad to send it to any potential customers - BH
Old 12-13-2003, 11:22 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

One thing I've learned, the perfect 28' boat does not exist. The bigger boats have most of what we want, but are pricey to run, insure, maintain and keep long term.

There is always a compromise with the 28' size range. Either the cockpit is too small, the pad is angled or non existent, the cabin is too small, the popped decks look funny, the flat decks look funny too. Twin BBs are too tail heavy, single engines are harder to manuever but give good economy. It's hard to find wind protection on some. High freeboard without making the boat look too stubby is hard to do. Some manufacturers are out of their minds with new 28' prices, what's the point when they get that expensive, just buy a bigger twin used. There are some manufacturers that price 28s over $100k, insane if you ask me. Storage is also an issues on many of these boats. Steps are weird on small boats too, I prefer none in this size (bigger too, but that's another discussion). Some only offer sit down versions but have everything else I desire, I prefer to stand up.

It's too bad because I don't want the expense associated with a big twin, I have other needs in my life that require money too. The 28 fits my needs, but the perfect one is elusive.

Last edited by Indy; 12-13-2003 at 12:23 PM.
Old 12-13-2003, 11:35 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Sitting down ain't bad though - freeboard? BH
Attached Thumbnails what's your favorite single-engine 25-28 feet?-mvc-505s.jpg  
Old 12-13-2003, 12:12 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry Joker I was drinking again last night!

Quick Reply: what's your favorite single-engine 25-28 feet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.