Notices

Sandels resorts?

Old 12-12-2003, 09:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been to Antiguia a couple of time )St. James club-the native people are pretty nice--compared to Jamaica it's alot safer-you can actually go out at night-shirly hights is a place where the tourists party with the locals overlooking Eric Claptons mansion-great time
Old 12-12-2003, 10:09 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Best place to go if you want safe is Cayman Islands.

The nicest place I've ever been is Peter Island in the British Virgin Islands. Super safe as well.

Ultimate four star resort is the Four Seasons on Nevis.
Old 12-13-2003, 05:26 AM
Registered

thanx for the info guys...I am going to book sandels resort in Antigua for me and the girlfriend around January 24th to about the 31st...anyone else planning a trip there let me know!
Old 12-13-2003, 12:04 PM
Registered

Wife and I went to Sandals Dunns River 2yrs ago. Also visited the Ocho Rios Sandals for dinner. Had a great time, met other nice couples and were treated like royalty.
Would have to agree that it is a good idea to stay on the property if possible although we did go out one night in town and were fine.
Old 12-13-2003, 12:59 PM
Registered

I agree with the comments on Jamaica. I was in Ocho Rios about a year and a half ago and it is shady. Dunns River Falls is one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen, but you're constantly pestered by the locals to buy everything from limes, to wooden crafts, to cocaine, etc. And it never stops anywhere you go. There is tons of poverty, so an American with money in the wrong spot is an easy target.
Old 12-13-2003, 03:06 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Go to HEDO, we like 3 the best, its a vacation we look forward to once a year.
Old 12-14-2003, 09:43 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive been to two Sandals resorts. First in Jamacia at Dunns River where we were treated like kings. Never went off the property much so the locals didnt bother us. The next year we went to Sandals in the Bahamas. The service sucked. The staff there was like a bunch of disgruntled fast food employees (no offence Fred). The managment wasnt much better. While eating at the tiki hut pool snackbar the food and beverage manager stopped by to ask us how our meal was. We said it was ok but we were frustrated that we couldnt get into any of the other 6 nicer resturants onsite. He asked us which ones we tried and we told him. He came back with the managers of the resturants and proceeded to curse them out in front of us untill the female ones started to cry. Very embarrasing and un professional. To make a long story short the staff in Jamacia was the cream of the crop because it is the best job a local can get. In the Bahamas the staff were like any other low paid job in the states. In short they dont care.

Ron
Old 12-14-2003, 09:51 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Glad to hear your report on Jamacia Ron. A few of the other couples we are going with love it there. My sister and hubby went there 2 yrs with a group and went sight seeing with no problems. Must be best to stay in groups. All say that the locals there will have 'feel good stuff' they try to sell everywhere.

If no more posts are made from US1 after Jan. 25, been nice knowing you all!
Old 12-14-2003, 09:57 AM
Registered

The old Jamacian slogan "No Problem Mon" is true. They really go out of their way to please you. Whatever you ask for they say no problem mon.

About the feel good party supplies. There was a scam going on down there 5 years ago. Basically if you purchased some you were promptly arrested by a policeman, probably an impersonator. Then to avoid going to trial or the police station they would relieve you of all the cash you had on you. Be careful!!!

Ron
Old 12-15-2003, 02:13 PM
Registered

We went to sandals 2x and would go back, first to
Royal Carb. in Montego Bay the second in Negril, both had good points. All inclusives are expensive and only worth it if you drink a lot and do a lot of the included sports, such as scuba diving and water skiing. I was amazed that so many people go there and just sit on the beach or pool, not that there is anything wrong with that, it''s just that I think you could probably stay at a nice hotel eat well and save money. All so if you are someone who likes to sight see both Jamaica and all inclusives are not worth it (we almost never left the resort) To pick the right vacation spot you need to know what kind of travelers you are, we are like big kids at camp, we waterskied, scuba dived, sailed, and drank every tropical drink under the sun, along with a few red stripes. Have a great trip, I am jealous
Attached Thumbnails Sandels resorts?-sandals.jpg