O/T ebay non paying bidders >

O/T ebay non paying bidders

Notices

O/T ebay non paying bidders

Old 12-14-2003, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Default O/T ebay non paying bidders

I sell stuff on ebay and have been for about 4 yrs. If I have 20 or so items end, @90% are paid by the middle of the week and sometimes it will take a week if the winning bidder sends his payment via USPS.

In this case, I sold a motorcycle gas tank on Nov 30 for 700.00 and then had zero contact from the winning bidder for a week (sent numerous emails) He then finally contacted and read me the riot act for not having any patience with him, he promised to send $$ on Tuesday...did not happen. emailed him on Friday and he responded that the payment would be sent Pay Pal....nope. I emailed him last night and said that if he did not send the Pay Pal payment by Sunday I would relist.

I`m pissed and want to leave this clown negative feedback. Am I being unreasonable, two weeks and no pay?? or should I cut him some slack?

What is the general rule to have to wait for your money before negative feedback is justified?

Thanks,

Kurt

Last edited by Biggus; 12-14-2003 at 03:20 PM.
Old 12-14-2003, 10:02 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

well . .thats what the feedback system is for. i have kept mine perfect since the begining. i dont think you are being unreasonable at all. when i make a bid i make sure i have funds to cover it. usually minuets after auction ends. i would think two or three weeks would be plenty of time. if he pays in 3 weeks maybe leave neutral feed back with a slow pay note. after 4 weeks leave negative for sure.

btw . . hows the snow up your way . i am going to be sled'n in north conway in a few weeks
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 12-14-2003, 10:04 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I set the terms for final payment,e-mail contact etc. on the ad..Then if you choose to. You can report them on the non paying bidder form.Three strikes and they are banned until they re-invent themselves.
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/non-payment.html
Old 12-14-2003, 10:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only problem with the feedback system is he can burn you back with negative feedback, so be careful how you choose. Sometimes its not worth the hassle.

What really pisses me off is when someone puts in the winning bid in the final minute or so, and you dont hear from them for awhile. If they are right there at the end of the auction, they know if they won or not.
Old 12-14-2003, 10:40 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the whole feedback thing is tricky . Like he said above if you leave a negative then he can on you, for no reason. but once you leave a feedback you can NOT remove it I was told?
Old 12-14-2003, 11:22 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

This auction was listed as shipping to United States only.Buyer is from Switzerland. The winning biddder came in at less than 5 seconds left, no contact after repeated emails for a week. Now he says he has reached his Pay Pal limit.

Glassdave, I`m about 45 mins from North Conway. Give me a call when you are in NH.

Kurt 207-232-9273
Old 12-14-2003, 02:58 PM
Registered

Originally posted by CAP071
I think the whole feedback thing is tricky . Like he said above if you leave a negative then he can on you, for no reason. but once you leave a feedback you can NOT remove it I was told?
Yes you can. It costs 20 bucks though. With $ all things are possible.
Old 12-14-2003, 03:07 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Biggus I would just relist the part. Sounds like this guy is a looser. That being said I have to get a payment out for some EBAY stuff I won last week!!!!!

Jon
Old 12-14-2003, 03:34 PM
Registered

What about those new ebayers.... I pay paled you the money. No you didnt. IF you did it would be there. I am "missing" 300 bucks right now!
Old 12-14-2003, 04:29 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

will do . . .we should be in conway for a few days. love that town . ever hear of the Red Parka Pub? GREAT bar
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Quick Reply: O/T ebay non paying bidders

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.