Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   My application to the NEW website Wetpits was DENIED! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/66247-my-application-new-website-wetpits-denied.html)

Shane 12-14-2003 01:58 PM

My application to the NEW website Wetpits was DENIED!

Being a former racer and one still very interested in the sport, and active in poker runs, I applied for membership to the new racers web site. I just received the following "Your application to Wetpits did not survive the comments period by the current Wetpits members. Sorry."
:(

Is my name Barry Goldwater?:crazy:

packinair 12-14-2003 02:08 PM

I have not even heard of this new site

Shane 12-14-2003 02:16 PM

It is a site set up by an OSO member for racers, team members, officials, volunteers (and I thought former racers) to discuss some of the more volatile/political issues surrounding the sport in a more private forum. Go to the racers milling area of OSO and you will see some discussion about it. Some members asked for a special place here on OSO for racers to discuss these issues in a private setting so fans and sponsors would not be able to read about the "goings on" in the sport, but it was voted down by OSO members that voted by a wide margin.

I just received my latest edition of POWERBOAT today and there is an article in there with Vic Spellberg of Formula and he is quoted saying the same thing I did months and months and months ago that the current state of offshore is no different than 20 years ago only thing that is different are the names. I hate to say I told ya so...but....

Some people just don't like reality.

Shane 12-14-2003 02:29 PM

Thanks Troutly.

Playn 12-14-2003 02:45 PM

Shane, Considering the state of affairs in offshore racing now, your probably not missing anything. Plus being a top secret society you'd probably have to learn a new secret handshake and all. :rolleyes:

HyperBaja 12-14-2003 02:53 PM

Yeah!! Go Wetpits!!! Hopefully this will keep the BS off this site!!

Joe Todesca 12-14-2003 08:07 PM

Shane With your background you were denined! What kind of racers are they looking for? Jo

Treadwellmotorsports 12-14-2003 08:34 PM

hey shane,

not to stir the pot but when was the last time you raced.

Treadwell

Strip Poker 388 12-14-2003 09:07 PM

Originally posted by Joe Todesca
Shane With your background you were denined! What kind of racers are they looking for? Jo
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Too Old chime in:eek:

Told you so:D

BigMike 12-15-2003 06:15 AM

Settle down grasshopper. We must walk before we run. Sound familiar???:D :D :D

Mike