Notices

The BCS sucks!!!

Old 12-07-2003, 06:32 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The BCS sucks!!!

So, when Michigan (#4 BCS) beats USC (#1 AP) in the Rose Bowl, does that make The Blue national champions?????

The BCS does not work.
Old 12-07-2003, 07:21 PM
Registered

I don't know if I would goes as far as to say it sucks. It is much better than what we had before.

If they really wanted to do it right, they would have playoffs or a tournament similar to pro football or NCAA basketball.
Old 12-07-2003, 07:28 PM
Allan4

It is a mess....you are right guys. USC got SCREWED though...#1 in both polls yet they do not get a shot at the mythical National Title.

I don't get it...

Plus, the Bengals lost today..

Old 12-07-2003, 09:06 PM
Registered

To be honest, I'm a TN Vol fan and by the BCS rankings we are really over rated but then if you believe them, we have been screwed by the bowl selection process - # 8 BCS, 7 Coaches, 6 AP - and are going to the lowely Peach Bowl. Oh well, we will face Clemson which really should be a good match up.

Just would have liked to face FSU to make it a sweep in Florida this year
Old 12-07-2003, 09:10 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Playoffs. That's the only way. The whole bowl concept is lame. Besides, Oklahoma is the complete package and won't be beat no matter who they play...
Old 12-07-2003, 09:19 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally posted by Reckless288
Playoffs. That's the only way. The whole bowl concept is lame. Besides, Oklahoma is the complete package and won't be beat no matter who they play...

Maybe they should play Kansas St. again.
Old 12-07-2003, 09:48 PM
CIGAR

they wouldn't have a chance against sc

Old 12-07-2003, 11:33 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally posted by Reckless288

Obviously, Oklahoma can and DID get beat by my K-State Wildcats!!! I mean beat bad; over 500 yards of offense and a final score of 35 - 7. Could have been 42 easy.

I was at the game and didn't see squat from OU. I was expecting a loss and hoped for a humble showing. In turn we got the biggest win in our somewhat meager football history.

Time to pack for Tempe. Bring on the Buckeye's
Old 12-08-2003, 07:38 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Reddog
To be honest, I'm a TN Vol fan and by the BCS rankings we are really over rated but then if you believe them, we have been screwed by the bowl selection process - # 8 BCS, 7 Coaches, 6 AP - and are going to the lowely Peach Bowl. Oh well, we will face Clemson which really should be a good match up.

Just would have liked to face FSU to make it a sweep in Florida this year
I grew up in Knoxville and went to UT. At least the Vols get to play on January 1st!
Old 12-08-2003, 08:51 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Losses early in the season vs. losses late in the season are the real issue. If you want no controversy, don't lose. If you do lose though, you are subject to whatever the system gives you.

Of the 3 one loss teams, one was going to get shafted. LSU and USC took their free loss early, while Oklahoma took theirs late when they knew it didn't matter. Oklahoma dominated stronger teams than either of the other two. LSU played a tougher schedule than USC by a fraction, but still tougher.

Deciding the national championship is the culmination of an entire season, not one game. Like it or not, on paper the 2 best teams in the country are playing for the title. All three were worthy but only 2 can play.

The AP and Coaches polls are relevant, but biased because of the human aspect.

I don't exactly agree with either poll, but without the BCS we would have TCU with one loss (and an extremely weak schedule) taking a bowl spot from far better teams. Imagine the crying you would hear had that happened.

USC needs to suck it up and worry about Michigan. They are damn good and will stomp USC if they are still whining about the Sugar bowl come game day. It will also validate the BCS' selections, and USC doesn't want that.

Quick Reply: The BCS sucks!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.