Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Looking for info on ex- Ocean Spray raceboat (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/66260-looking-info-ex-ocean-spray-raceboat.html)

addiction 12-14-2003 05:12 PM

Looking for info on ex- Ocean Spray raceboat

Anyone have any info on the old 94 37' Larry Smith Scarab ex-Ocean Spray / ex-BAd move?

caferacer 12-14-2003 06:06 PM

Boat was on Long Island, Mark from Activator put steps in it and then it was sold a year or two ago.

TOM

glassdave 12-14-2003 06:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
dont really know any thing about the boat these days but i have the wright up in powerboat if you need any tech info. :cool:

addiction 12-14-2003 06:11 PM

Can the added step cause it to chine walk? Do you have Marks number? I made a deal on the boat, and I have some concerns. What do you think about the boat? I'm thinking about putting 1300's in it.

Thanks,
JS/ Addiction

sean stinson 12-14-2003 07:33 PM

Originally posted by addiction
Can the added step cause it to chine walk? Do you have Marks number? I made a deal on the boat, and I have some concerns. What do you think about the boat? I'm thinking about putting 1300's in it.

Thanks,
JS/ Addiction

PM your number to me so I can talk to you for a few minutes. It will be a day or two before I can get back to you though.

addiction 12-14-2003 09:11 PM

Mike,

What exactly "ruined" it? Was it the step they cut in? Did you see it run too?

addiction 12-14-2003 09:12 PM

Originally posted by sean stinson
PM your number to me so I can talk to you for a few minutes. It will be a day or two before I can get back to you though.
215-421-4343 Joe
Thanks talk to you soon

addiction 12-14-2003 09:32 PM

Originally posted by sean stinson

Sean, what can you tell me about this boat? Should I close the deal or is it trash? It needs motors, drives, trans, and trim tabs. Need to decide soon. Any help greatly appreciated.

JS

Phantom1 12-14-2003 09:38 PM

Is Bill Betts the seller?

Bulldog 12-14-2003 11:22 PM

I just happened to have some info handy for you. I don't know if this is the same boat or not, but here goes...

There was an Ocean Spray Scarab that was busted open big time in a race when it hit a turn boat-page 59 Sept. 1996 Powerboat Magazine. There is a small picture of the boat, busted open but still floating.

It was run by Sigalos/Pennhall, and was damaged on the port side, with a chunk of the side missing between the console and engine bay bulkheads, starting about halfway down the side and extending down to the chine.

You may want to get a good look at those areas if that is the same hull.

Good Luck
Bulldog