Notices

Bat Boats?

Old 11-28-2003, 06:12 PM
cowboycig

Default Bat Boats?

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the bat boats and how legit is it. I just want to know because of the tv and magazine coverage is it worth spending my money or should I just stick with poker runs

Old 11-28-2003, 06:22 PM
packinair

I have spent some time in them on several ocasions. once in a 130 mile 6-8' wave poker run.. AMAZING boats.. the rougher the better they are. Also have had the pleasure of meeting chris reindl and his crew many time. they are great and put on a hell of a value for what you get. As far as is it worth the money, I would say NO, the time effort they put into make it a first class operation it is worth alot more.. I say 100% to give it a try. you will NOT regret it

Old 11-28-2003, 06:25 PM
packinair

www.reindlpowerboats.com

Old 11-28-2003, 06:27 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,646 Likes on 3,773 Posts

Do you want to race?? If so it is a very good place to get your feet wet and stay dry, Chris has several packages from single race, to half season, to full. As for cost imagine getting a boat+ expenses, and a crew and their expenses, it can quickly add up. several people on this board have raced in the one design class and have moved up, but they have all agreed it is a great place to start. and a great value for the money.
Old 11-28-2003, 06:27 PM
cowboycig

So you think its good i'll have to check it out. Is it dangerous being out there with all the bigger boats, since you can't see behind you.

Old 11-28-2003, 06:30 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,646 Likes on 3,773 Posts

walking across the street is dangerous, he will give you time to practice, and make you feel comfortable in the boat before they set you free.
Old 11-28-2003, 06:32 PM
cowboycig

sounds good now will he let people use them in poker runs

Old 11-28-2003, 06:34 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

i can second that. i just got back from running the Key West offshore nationals in the #12 boat with my co-pilot and driver greeneyed boatbabe. check out this thread.

link

i did the poker run with packinair and it was a huge eye opener for both of us. we ran down some big hitters that day. on a 50 or so mile leg from detroit to toledo out of 60 boats we were the third one in.

give Chris a call an he will set you up . . .trust me you wont be sorry.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 11-28-2003, 06:40 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

as far as safety. i'll be honest with ya . . i felt safer in the race on saterday than in some poker runs i'v been in. seriously though chris takes the time to give you the proper intro to offshore racing in a safe controlled setting. and not to mention the safest boat you can be in. give me a call if you like. 419-461-1484 i'll help ya any way i can
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 11-28-2003, 06:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do it and do not worry about what is behind you, worry about what is in front and next to you.

Personally I would be careful running in the poker runs and let the boats get strung out before passing them. Do remember the boats have a low profile and are hard to see from most (if not all) boats in a poker run.

We ran ours earlier this year in the Big Cat Poker Run (100+ boats) and had a blast, in the process we kicked some major butt.

At the first stop we were the first single engine boat to arrive and was the second v bottom, bested only by Honker Cut Marines 42' Fountain with triples.

The water was rough and we dusted them, the next single to arrive was the F1 LaveyCraft, they followed us throught the muck and by atleast 35 twin's.

You should think about skipping the poker run and just racing the boats, you will have more fun in a safe environment.

Rick

Quick Reply: Bat Boats?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.