Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Who's planning on going to the NY show? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/66595-whos-planning-going-ny-show.html)

105mph_38_2003 12-18-2003 02:16 AM

Who's planning on going to the NY show?

How big is it? Is it worth the trip? I know it is nothing like Miami but I have a dealer pressing me to make it and I want to know if I should go or not. IT would be a major hassle for me to make but is possible if worth the trouble:) :cool:

Here's Johnny 12-18-2003 04:29 AM

I have been there three years in a row and my honest opinion is that it sux!! If you are a fisherman or into cruisers it is ok...but for go fasts there is usually only Baja, Fountain, donzi, and one or two Outer Limits for show! I go only because I live only 15 minutes from the city, and I will probably be disapointed again. If you are going to visit a particular dealer who will be there it might be worth it because they usually do offer some good deals at the shows sometimes!! GOOD LUCK!!

JD454

Jana 12-18-2003 06:53 AM

I will be up in NJ visiting my parents and will go to the show one of the days.

WesSmith 12-18-2003 07:28 AM

Waste of time..........

VinMan 12-18-2003 07:48 AM

Ive been going to the NY show almost thirty yrs. Past few yrs it totally sucked!! Not worth the admission and the cost of parking. I like to see fishing boats too, and they had a crappy display of them too. it used to be the top show, now its horrible.
Wait for the Atlantic city show. Way, Way better.:)

BODYSHOT1 12-18-2003 07:51 AM

..I have to agree with my partner...AC is a much better show...

..also OPA will have a display/booth at the AC Show...c'mon down!

:D

Chris288 12-18-2003 07:55 AM

The only high perf. boats at the ny show are usually formula, fountain, donzi, baja and real sweet o.l.'s, but since we are boat shopping I figure the miami show would be better and I looked at their vendor list to and a lot of the boats were interested in, aren't listed,,, sunsation, sonic, P.Q., A.T.,, are they just not listed or are they NOT going to be there ??

26sonic 12-18-2003 08:04 AM

chris232 i would recommend the n.j. show the first week of feb. alot more performance boats and sunsation is there . were going , but no miami show this year for us.

Chris288 12-18-2003 08:14 AM

T.D. were up for it !!, still gonna hit the NY show,, tomorow is my last work day until the 5th so it will give us a day out..

rainmn 12-18-2003 08:45 AM

Agree w/ everyone else. Been going to the NY show for as long as I can remember, and it's really gone downhill the last couple of years.
A.C. seems to be consistently getting better.
(Not to mention, I used to live 30 minutes from NYC - now I live 30 minutes from A.C.) :D