I need sony plasma 50 or larger

Notices

I need sony plasma 50 or larger

Old 12-19-2003, 05:28 PM
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default audio, what's your opinion

on a 50" Samsung with DLP technology.

I just bought one and have been real happy...by the way I did a lot of research on plasma before I decided to by the samsung and I thought the samsung was better than any plasma in the 4 to 5 thousand dollar range.

Of course, that is just my opinion.

Happy Holidays,

Don Baca
Old 12-19-2003, 05:42 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Don Plasma's are great if you need a aplication were a THIN tv is needed. For example over a fire place. The "regular" tv's will ussually out perform them however for less money. They also ussually require an expensive installation if you want that "built in" look were you actaully get the set hanging on the wall and all the equipment hidden.

Jon
Old 12-19-2003, 05:45 PM
Registered

Jon, I sent you a pm with my contact info. Since there are several others that are interested, could you give us you preferences.

Kent
Old 12-19-2003, 07:44 PM
Charter Member #319
Charter Member

Is it true the life span of a plasma tv is only 2000hrs?
Old 12-19-2003, 09:35 PM
Registered

Originally posted by bajabob38
Is it true the life span of a plasma tv is only 2000hrs?
no Bob...you must have confused that with that life span of a 38 special.....but you added an extra zero to the hours

thought i would poke a shot before Sy did.
Old 12-19-2003, 11:48 PM
Registered

Received 64 Likes on 26 Posts

a plasma is good for about 20k hours most projectors are only good for around 2k hours. you guys do the research and when you decide what you like you can call me and i will sell them to you cheep.

Tyson
417-439-5040
Old 12-20-2003, 12:06 AM
Registered

Any one have any experience with The Pioneer 730 elite? Are there other brands I should be looking at in this price range that would be better quality?
Thanks,
Dan
Old 12-20-2003, 07:33 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

As Troutly said AVS forum is a good place to get aLOT of info. They have a HUGE membership. That being said you all know what goes on hear so try and weed through all the BS to get to reality...put on your wadeing boots it can bet deep over there

Typically with Plasmas (although I am replacing one thise week that went bad just over a year) they last a LONG LONG time. What ussually happens is an escape of the plasma gas out of the pannel and you get what looks like a very small hole in your image. Even one dropped out pixel drives me nuts but when you get a lot of them it is annoying to most. That is ussually going to happen before the pannel actually dies from other reasons.

Jon
Old 12-20-2003, 09:32 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Hey HI PERF 2000!

Please don't pick on BAJABOB 38,he is just a bit confused.I was told that the last time he viewed a plasma TV picture he was looking for the ticket taker(probably CATMANDO) and the popcorn counter.
Old 12-20-2003, 09:43 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Bigyellowcat
a plasma is good for about 20k hours most projectors are only good for around 2k hours. you guys do the research and when you decide what you like you can call me and i will sell them to you cheep.

Tyson
417-439-5040
The thing you have to realize....is this....once the service life of the plasma tv is reached....its over....you can throw it out...because there is nothing that can be done to bring it back at this point without spending almost as much as you did in the first place buying the TV.......on a projection tv you replace the light bulb and you are back in business...good as new....and I think the 2k number is on the low side...I think they last much longer than that now, and the good thing is ..the bulbs only cost around three hundred.....And the service life of the plasma tv is around more like 4k to 5k hours I have been told, and I seem to remember reading somewhere that the avg. person spends about 2500 hours a year watching TV, so ...do the math.........Rich

Last edited by Spitfire1; 12-20-2003 at 10:15 AM.

Quick Reply: I need sony plasma 50 or larger

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.