Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I need sony plasma 50 or larger >

I need sony plasma 50 or larger

Notices

I need sony plasma 50 or larger

Old 12-20-2003, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One other thing you might want to take into consideration also......is that the major manufacturers are not going to be pursuing plasma as the next great innovation in TV's or so I am told.....at this point it looks like they will be pursuing DLP and LCD technology as the wave of the future.....I think they have given up on the plasma TV's due to the inherent draw back of the limited service life, picture burn in etc.......something to consider for sure.......Rich

Last edited by Spitfire1; 12-20-2003 at 09:58 AM.
Old 12-20-2003, 11:07 AM
Registered

Below is horible pic of the 42in panasonic I installed above my fireplace... I did some research and found that Sears will match internet prices as long as the internet store has a "store front", you have to be able walk into the store and be able to purchase the product for the same price as there website... Sears will match the price and then take 10% off of the difference of the 2 prices.. Sears had the TV priced at 4900 and www.abesofmaine.com had the tv priced at 3600, so sears matched the abesofmaine.com price and took 10% of the 1300$ difference... Then I filled out a credit card app and got 10% off the total price.. FYI- you don't have to use the credit card if you are approved to get the 10% off, I didn't, You just have to fill out the app..
I will try to get some better pics
Attached Thumbnails I need sony plasma 50 or larger-plasma.jpg  
Old 12-20-2003, 12:38 PM
Registered

tc-outlaw,
That's my kind of deal. It's good to know Sears will do that.

Spitfire1,
I just found out that pioneer is discontinuing there Elite line of projection sets and going exclusive Plasma. Who knows.

Troutly & Audio,
Thanks for the AVS link. It's a lot like reading an Apache thread!!!! Everyone's got an pin and it's right. I felt right at home reading the posts.
Dan
Old 12-20-2003, 12:53 PM
Registered

Bigyellowcat,
Nice talking with you. Thanks for the help.
Dan
Old 12-20-2003, 01:17 PM
Registered

Troutly....I didnt know that it had been around that long....while that may be true.....the issue around the service life comes straight from a Pioneer rep that was at a High end AV shop in my neighborhood....he said that at present the cost is usually too prohibitive to renew the set....He also said that at present the most time you can expect to get out of a Plasma screen is generally around 5 thousand hours....so go figure....personally I like the plasma sets...but I dont like the service life issue.....
Old 12-20-2003, 01:37 PM
Registered

Received 64 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally posted by Spitfire1
The thing you have to realize....is this....once the service life of the plasma tv is reached....its over....you can throw it out...because there is nothing that can be done to bring it back at this point without spending almost as much as you did in the first place buying the TV.......on a projection tv you replace the light bulb and you are back in business...good as new....and I think the 2k number is on the low side...I think they last much longer than that now, and the good thing is ..the bulbs only cost around three hundred.....And the service life of the plasma tv is around more like 4k to 5k hours I have been told, and I seem to remember reading somewhere that the avg. person spends about 2500 hours a year watching TV, so ...do the math.........Rich

Here are some pictures of a job I just did at the end or october. They have already gone through 25 bulbs. at 24 hours a day ( which they dont run) that would only equal around 1700 hours. I have a big stack of bulbs here at $500 each and the projector company is telling me that they have a big backorder on the bulbs and cannot replace them till they get them. so some times they will last longer then 2k hours but usually not and by 2k hours they are at half there brightness.
Attached Thumbnails I need sony plasma 50 or larger-picture-100.jpg  
Old 12-20-2003, 01:38 PM
Registered

the three center screens are 27 feet and the 8 side screens are 14 feet.
Attached Thumbnails I need sony plasma 50 or larger-picture-101.jpg  
Old 12-20-2003, 01:41 PM
Registered

Attached Thumbnails I need sony plasma 50 or larger-picture-083.jpg  
Old 12-20-2003, 01:41 PM
Registered

I dont doubt it....however those bulbs are a little different than in your avg. 50" TV dont you think.......

Last edited by Spitfire1; 12-20-2003 at 01:47 PM.
Old 12-20-2003, 01:42 PM
Registered

the board room projector is a 3 chip dlp that will do 3d graphics
Attached Thumbnails I need sony plasma 50 or larger-picture-077.jpg  

Quick Reply: I need sony plasma 50 or larger

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.