Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I need sony plasma 50 or larger >

I need sony plasma 50 or larger

Notices

I need sony plasma 50 or larger

Old 12-21-2003, 12:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=340645[/URL] Troutly and Bigyellowcat......it would seem that I am misinformed....thanx for enlightening me.....Rich

Last edited by Spitfire1; 12-21-2003 at 12:31 AM.
Old 12-21-2003, 04:03 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts
Default Re: I need sony plasma 50 or larger

Originally posted by Fountain38SC
As Christmas is near and I have yet to decide on a gift for the family. I'm thinking of giving the gift of plasma television. Are any OSO members dealers or can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

-Kent
Check the "Let's Do Business" thread, maybe you'll find someone that deals in them.

LS
Old 12-21-2003, 07:42 PM
B-MAX REPAIR
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

YOU KNOW SONY & B-MAX HAVE A LOT IN COMMON. THEY BOTH ONLY COST $12,000.00, AND BOTH WORTH IT! I JUST GOT MY 50 SONY PLASMA IN MARCH AND LOVE IT.
Old 12-22-2003, 12:41 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 139 Likes on 84 Posts

tyson,

you got any killer deals on "trade-in" CRT projector with good life left in the tubes?

I'm upgrading an old Runco CP750 to something with a little more light output and at least 32khz (preferably 50khz) Hscan. I've already got a good doubler, andaceiling mount. The old 750 has a barely passable picture on a 7' diag screen and I'm wanting decent light and good picture on a 100' diag.

Any sweet deals?
Anybody else with one?

I've got a really low-hour Runco CP750 to offer anybody who needs a good unit for a game room, etc. It just won't accept anything higher res than regular old composite video.
Old 12-22-2003, 01:12 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by mcollinstn
tyson,

you got any killer deals on "trade-in" CRT projector with good life left in the tubes?

I'm upgrading an old Runco CP750 to something with a little more light output and at least 32khz (preferably 50khz) Hscan. I've already got a good doubler, andaceiling mount. The old 750 has a barely passable picture on a 7' diag screen and I'm wanting decent light and good picture on a 100' diag.

Any sweet deals?
Anybody else with one?

I've got a really low-hour Runco CP750 to offer anybody who needs a good unit for a game room, etc. It just won't accept anything higher res than regular old composite video.
Go DLP. You will not be disapointed. I recommend the Runco VX1000. AWSOME peice and is VERY bright with a high quaility picture that will do HDTV no problem.

Jon
Old 12-22-2003, 10:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 139 Likes on 84 Posts

Several VX-1CX units on ebay and other forums.

Reviews have been mixed for that unit.
The VX1000 is several orders of magnitude more expensive than I have allotted for this particular application.

I'm thinking around $2000 give or take...
If you know of some used hardware that is available in the "steal" range, let me know and I'll hook you up with a finders' fee (got anything you need machined? - how bout some electric actuators for your bolsters??)
Old 12-22-2003, 11:15 PM
25 Eagle

Has anyone heard any bad stories about TV's over fireplaces? I know one guy who claims his didn't like the heat. Candyman 35 the Elite is a great TV, can't believe they are going to stop making it.

Old 12-23-2003, 08:18 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Troutly (or is it T-Man) How do those speakers sound after you put books in front of them

Troutly did a LOT of research on that set up and it came out the way it should. You need to leave at leaste a inch of breathing room around a plasma when you build it in like Trout did or make other arrangements to get the hot air out. Some run hotter then others.

The VX-1c is actually a good projector. I have put in quite a few of them. They are a 4x3 chip so if you have a 16X9 screen you do get some light overspray but if you have some dark walls it is not bad at all, and certainly once you are actually enjoying the piece and not critisizing it you will not notice it, some never do even see it tell I show them. There is a fix to this however and it is actually very cool. They make a lens that they call the Anamorphic Lens. You bolt it to the projector and it hangs out in front and gives you a 16X9 image. This not only gives you a the image that most are looking for but on a 16X9 screen will make your image brighter because you will now be using the entire chip but also give you about 1/3 better resolution. This piece makes a GREAT add/upgrade to the projector.l Other issues that I have had with the piece are if you are a channel surfer they will drop out a line of pixels as you scanned real fast. This is common with the earlier units, and even some of the new ones. Do not freek just turn off the projector, LET IT COOL!!! and turn it back on and the projector will fix itself. I have a customer that has a HUGE amount of time on his about 150,000 buck system and he is VERY happy with it. I would buy one in a second with out hesitation if you can get one for the money you are looking to spend.

Jon
Old 12-23-2003, 10:33 AM
Registered

Troutly--
I posted a chitty pic of my plasma above my fireplace.. I was going to buy gas logs instead of burning real wood, didn't want any smoke rolling out on the screen... What do you think would work best, vented or non-vented logs...
Tks
TC
Old 12-23-2003, 10:35 AM
Registered

I'm starting to see LCD units in the stores. What's the word on them????