Notices

OT: truck sledding?

Old 12-17-2003, 11:05 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 925 Likes on 465 Posts
Default OT: truck sledding?

KIDS DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME!

And i always thought me and my friends were the only idiots who did this sort of thing!!! LOL We started doing this back about 1988/89 around the parking lt of the local college. the security always kicked us out after about an hours worth of fun then we went and found a big ole parking lot behind the cook county court house that no one ever plowed!! man those were the days!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 12-17-2003, 11:07 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

oops! would help if there was a link eh?

http://home.comcast.net/~shuntley01/carsledding.wmv

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 12-17-2003, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we used to tie ropes to the bumper of my buddies k-5 blazer and sleds, than fly through developements, I can't tell you how many mailboxes my head broke from him flying sideways around turns.(explains alot ) only gets scary when the truck spins all the way around and the tire is coming towards you. God we were stupid when we were kids.
Old 12-17-2003, 11:25 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We used to do it with our snowboards strapped on. I used to live right near an office park, and when we got a lot of snow, the place was like a skatepark for snowboarders and trucks. Stairs, rails, picnic tables, whatever. If we left the tow rope long enough, the driver could stay on the roads and you could get to almost anything on the boards.
Funny thing about this is that I wasn't really a kid when we did this last...more like 25 or so.
Old 12-17-2003, 11:34 AM
Registered

Received 89 Likes on 18 Posts

Great movie Wally. Reminds me of when we would tie a rope around an old car hood and drag it behind a truck in my mom's horse pasture. Then it was like king of the hood, whoever stayed on the longest out of the 4 of us was king.
Old 12-17-2003, 11:39 AM
Registered

My mother was over for dinner the other night and she was mentioning how grateful she is that my little sister survived her youth with me as her older brother.
Is used to sling her around the neighborhood on a sled towed by my trikes and quads. Only difference was I realized she couldnt hold on under extreme acceleration or whipping her around turns so I tied the rope to the sled. There was no bailing out.

She is better for it today Im sure
Old 12-17-2003, 11:40 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last year during the snow storm that hit Annapolis we had a bogey board behind my truck. The best part was when you got into the deep snow and the board would float on top. Cant wait for more snow this year!!!!
Old 12-17-2003, 11:48 AM
Registered

We use to go up to our cabin in mio, mi and tie two tractor tire inner tubes behind the truck and go up and down the back roads. It's amazing that no one ever got hurt.
Old 12-17-2003, 11:51 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Ah! i see there are others out there as brave as us! LOL!!! Best one we ever had was when we got creative and made an insert to my truck hitch....it was a 2x2 bar about 10' wide with eye bolts on it spaced out.......i had about 8 or 9 guys being pulled behind my K-5......there was enough pull on it that they could actually spin the truck out if they all went to the side at the same time! LMAO!!!

Old 12-17-2003, 12:13 PM
Registered

Car hood behind a snowmobile! HANG ON!

Quick Reply: OT: truck sledding?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.