Notices

Ebay....

Old 12-19-2003, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Playn
Yeah, what's up with that???
Ditto. Seems like a lot to list an item for $300. Good thing it wasn't a 20K car. The fee would have been 6 or 7 thou...
Old 12-19-2003, 01:04 PM
Registered

Originally posted by dlbCheckmate
Open 72, why is paypal a rip ? What should we look out for ?

Its not necessarily a rip. I have used it literally hundreds of times, as a buyer and seller. It just sucks after paying listing and final sale fees on an item on EBAY, then taking paypal for that same item and getting charged more fees. Paypal now belongs to EBAY, and they are getting really greedy in my opinion.

Its just too damned conveinient not to use it most of the time. Instant money or instantly pay for an item.
Old 12-19-2003, 01:07 PM
Registered

Originally posted by hi-perf-2000
Ebay won't let the seller email the next highest bidder without charging. But.....

You could always sign on ebay with a friends user ID (then there is no data link between you and the bidder, and you can email them). Then you can click on the next highest bidders name to email them. Explain who you are and what happened and ask if they are still interested.
Again, there is EBAY sticking their greedy hands out wanting more money.

I did the second chance offer one time, not realizing they were going to charge me for it. There is a simple way around it though.........

Instead of trying to contact the person through that auction, simply go to SEARCH then BY BIDDER and type in their username. You can then send them the message.
Old 12-20-2003, 09:46 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally posted by TEAMBAJA
Its not necessarily a rip. I have used it literally hundreds of times, as a buyer and seller. It just sucks after paying listing and final sale fees on an item on EBAY, then taking paypal for that same item and getting charged more fees. Paypal now belongs to EBAY, and they are getting really greedy in my opinion.

Its just too damned conveinient not to use it most of the time. Instant money or instantly pay for an item.
hit the nail on the head, buuuut when you sell a item for just a few bucks and you pay ebay's 2 fees then the paypal percentage you are getting a few coins for something you sell for a couple of bucks. so why even bother, i have sold a bunch of stuff on ebay and at first it was ok using paypal but looking at how much they were taking i just think it's a rip. people are more than happy to send a m/o so that's how we do it now, knock out paypal , it adds up. my .02
eric - open 540 on ebay
Old 12-20-2003, 10:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I sell all my things US POSTAL MONEY ORDER ONLY

Too bad and tough crap if they don't like it .