Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Ebay.... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/66683-ebay.html)

HyperBaja 12-18-2003 08:52 PM

Ebay....

2 things....

One person sent me money (delay of 4 days, BS story, then pay paled it. Now item is boxed, addressed, and they cancel payment. I want the money (305 + shipping) or at least my 84 dollar listing fee. What should I do?

Also, I got a 100$ money order, no note on what they won. So WTF am I supposed to do? Confused? Tried emailing? Is looking up their name on anywho and calling appropriate?

mcollinstn 12-19-2003 06:35 AM

#1: notify Ebay that they bailed, and they should offer you a free re-listing (should'va sold it to me for $200 - you'd be way ahead).
#2: Leave them scorching feedback.
#3: Go to the bid history on the item and contact the next highest bidder and offer it to them at their bid.

$100 money order? No note?
Yes, anywho is appropriate for calling them or writing them back to the return address.
Do you not have an auction that is due that amount??

open87 12-19-2003 06:45 AM

hype on ebay always specifiy money order ONLY!!! paypal is a rip, and never take a personal check!!!

Cord 12-19-2003 06:54 AM

Ebay will charge you for item #3.

Second issue-are you selling so much stuff that you don't know what just sold for $100?

ofshore 12-19-2003 09:44 AM

ebay has a non paying bidder form you have to fill out then they'll refund your listing fee. I just had to do it a few weeks ago.

puder 12-19-2003 09:59 AM

how the hell did you get any $84 listing fee for an item that sold for $300????

Playn 12-19-2003 10:51 AM

Originally posted by puder
how the hell did you get any $84 listing fee for an item that sold for $300????
Yeah, what's up with that???

dlbCheckmate 12-19-2003 12:30 PM

Open 72, why is paypal a rip ? What should we look out for ?

HiPerf2000 12-19-2003 12:47 PM

Originally posted by Cord
Ebay will charge you for item #3.

Ebay won't let the seller email the next highest bidder without charging. But.....

You could always sign on ebay with a friends user ID (then there is no data link between you and the bidder, and you can email them). Then you can click on the next highest bidders name to email them. Explain who you are and what happened and ask if they are still interested.

free 12-19-2003 12:55 PM

PayPal isn't the rip. Unscrupolous (sp) persons are the rip.

That goes for buyers and sellers alike.

Use paypal all the time. It is convenient and gets the seller their money quickly. I would not hesitate to take it either. Costs a few bucks but still as cheap or cheaper than the CC commissions you have to pay.

You do have some recourse to protect your interests using PayPal also. Read about it at their site.

They cannot cancel payment via PayPal once you accept the payment. They can cancel payment if you have not accepted it at PayPals site. How long was it after they sent you the payment via PayPal before they canceled it?