Don Aronow the man , myth , and legend

Notices

Don Aronow the man , myth , and legend

Old 12-19-2003, 03:15 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Caincando1
Whatever you want to believe, he was intentionally murdered. Most people aren't intentionally murdered for nothing. Everyone hates Ben for running drugs(in ships not boats though). Don knowingly supplied smugglers with boats custom built for drug running. Where do you draw the line between acceptable and unacceptable???
When it is legal or illegal.
Old 12-19-2003, 04:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whatever you want to believe, he was intentionally murdered. Most people aren't intentionally murdered for nothing. Everyone hates Ben for running drugs(in ships not boats though). Don knowingly supplied smugglers with boats custom built for drug running. Where do you draw the line between acceptable and unacceptable???
Its called murder......
Old 12-19-2003, 05:03 PM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Don Aronow the man , myth , and legend

Originally posted by cigracer38
I have it on my wall. You can order copies from his son. I will find the address and post it.
If anybody can help me figure out why everytime I scan a picture (using MGI photosuite) it defaults to a bitmap and then when I save it as a jpg, it accepts it, But when I try to upload to OSO it is an invalid file I have plenty of those pictures from that race that I can scan and post.
Old 12-19-2003, 05:10 PM
Twin screws

i'm with you thirdbird. Go to bed Joker

Old 12-19-2003, 05:12 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Twin Screws:

You've always been a S H I T H E A D. Go play with your virtual Cig - BH
Old 12-19-2003, 05:30 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Some people in Offshore Powerboating were jealous of Don Aronows larger than life status. Ben Kramer was one of them. Well, Ben is incarcerated. Don is dead. But, the jealousy emotion is still evident.
Old 12-19-2003, 07:04 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Spitfire1
blue thunder.......
Have you got full size versions of these pics? If so, would you e-mail em to me please? One of my favorite boats. Yeah yeah, heavy n slow, but in 5 - 7' seas they rock!!

Scott B
Old 12-19-2003, 07:20 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Blue Thunder is a must read if your into this stuff - BH
Old 12-19-2003, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am sorry but that cat looks like a-s-s. Cig's and Apaches are cool but the cat thing is bad. I wish he was still around because I am sure he would have thrown money at the cat boats till he got it right.
Old 12-19-2003, 08:28 PM
Registered

"Aronow knowingly supplied boats custom built for drug running"????????

I've read everything there is to read on Don Aronow, I never read that. He built boats to customer specs, of course. But what are you saying, he built special little dope boxes in the bildge??? Come on!! Thats just plain BS! Where the heck did you dig that little tidbit up?

In any event, even if he did build boats with special little dope boxes in the bildge (which I'm sure he did not), why not?!?!? He was a custom boat builder. If I were him and someone walked in my office to order a boat with "strange compartments" and then plunked 300k in cash on my desk,,,,,,,, you know what I'd be telling the layup boys? "Get at it boys and I want those funny little compartments just like the customer ordered".

I mean really now, is Don the bad guy? The government wants this and the other guys want that,,,,,,, just build it and take the money. His place was not to be the righteous, do-gooder, I-build-only-pure-boats, I'm-going-to-have-to-turn-you-in-to-George Senior boat builder!!!!!

He built the best s$$t on the market at the time.

I suppose I'm ranting here but,,,,, I really get irrated when people start judging character like it really matters for a boat builder. He built good friggin' boats and he sold them, lots of them. If you want puritans, go to church,,,,,,,,, oh wait, I forgot. They all ream little boys colens out!!

Quick Reply: Don Aronow the man , myth , and legend

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.