Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Don Aronow the man , myth , and legend >

Don Aronow the man , myth , and legend

Notices

Don Aronow the man , myth , and legend

Old 12-20-2003, 03:09 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree with Hollis on this one, Cool boat's but........

And yes I do believe that he knew he was building boats for drug runners, heck that's why the older Cig.'s have such big deck hatch's, so they could put a whole bale of pot through them!!!!!
Old 12-20-2003, 03:38 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

RiverGirl,
Nice post, I agree with everything you brought up. Sounds like you are more informed than many on this board regarding the history of our sport. Nice to see that you're into this stuff.

Now don't take this the wrong way RiverGirl but,,,,,, I think its way-cool that a lady is as into this stuff as much as you are, most just are not. (you are a woman, right??)

It would be nice to hear more of what you have to say

Dave
Old 12-20-2003, 04:02 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

I ranted and raved the name Don Aronow for years. Man if there was anybody that I wanted to be like it was him. I've been in his office and even used his bathroom. I couldn't help but poke my head in his HUGE black marble shower and check out the secret exit door. The more I found about Mr Aronow and the more business deals I did in the high performance boat market my attitude changed. Once I started getting the short end of the stick on a few deals I kinda resented the fact that the guy I worshiped was just like the people shorting me. Does this make any sense? Anyway yea he was brilliant , a great racer and a jump started the high performance boating industry but as a person with morales and a honest business person - NO WAY . I guess the part that really get's me is sleeping with everybody's wives. Man that sucks and that's one game I'm not interested in - BH
Old 12-20-2003, 11:56 PM
Registered

CROOK...as everybody was back then!!!
Old 12-21-2003, 12:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by THEJOKER
I guess the part that really get's me is sleeping with everybody's wives. Man that sucks and that's one game I'm not interested in
This bit confuses me, ..It takes two to Tango!
If someones wife sleeps with someone else, she is betraying her husband way more than the guy she's cheeting with is, SHE has an agreement (signed) with him stating she would be true to him, and one would also asume there would be more than just a little moral obligation towards her own husband too.
If you're worried your wife may sleep with some cool guy that shows interest, change ya wife, don't blame the cool guy, he ow's you jack ****.
Old 12-21-2003, 01:04 PM
(aka) Pure Adrenaline
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

It looks like I was high bidder on the book Speed Kills on eBay. I have been wanting to get this book for a while but never ordered it. Looks like I'll get the chance to read it now.
Old 12-21-2003, 01:35 PM
Registered

joker what was your take on blue thunder (book) theories?
Old 12-21-2003, 02:09 PM
GeoGraphics INC

The boat in post 35 is a 45 footer that was built after Don Died, Don's wife sold the company to a company from Atlanta called Invest-Corp, they also owned Gucci hence the building of what was known as the" Gucci Boat". The president of Aronow was Gary Garbrecht and production manager was Byng Goode. The designer was Rob Brady who was the one who designed the Cigarette revolution. The molds for the 37 and 45 were sold to Magic. And no that is not Ralph Martin, and I cannot think of his last name even though I worked with him for a couple of years.

Old 12-21-2003, 02:15 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

great post Geo, thanks for the info.
Old 12-21-2003, 02:37 PM
GeoGraphics INC

I just remembered its Ralph Johnson

Quick Reply: Don Aronow the man , myth , and legend

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.