Old 01-01-2004, 04:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Details-lets have some details!
Old 01-01-2004, 04:59 PM
Registered

Originally posted by ThunderingLight
Rumor has it that the TS Gladiator whooped him?
I will tell you who won if Thundering light tells us his name Unbelievable!!!!!
Old 01-01-2004, 05:51 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We don't need anyones name, here's the whole story: Comin out of the cut, and heading north it was real snotty and rough. The 41 was runnin and waiting for the Glad to get on plane. When on plane and runnin, he took a beating and could'nt even stay with the 41. The Glad turned and headed south so the 41 turned and followed him. When the 41 came up on the Glad, there was a smoother stretch of a mile or 2 (maybe 1-2's) during this couple mile stretch both went WOT. The Glad then pulled in front of the 41. The 41 ran aprox 95-96, the Glad ran close to 100 or so. Both eng's are now out of the 41 (repower:350HRS) will be back and runnin 3/4 weeks. Look for the return of the tribe. As for the 36 Glad, well we can't disclose who's boat that was cause the baseball player (owner) might get pi$$ed off that the salesman that was beating the snot out of his new boat! From what I understand. the Glad had 800's in it at the time. So are we talkin who won goin north? or who won goin south? There is a big difference here. Frank
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 01-01-2004, 06:02 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Next time the green flag drops, give us warnings so we can enjoy the race. I speak for a lot of people.

LS JR.
Old 01-01-2004, 06:51 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by lucky strike
Next time the green flag drops, give us warnings so we can enjoy the race. I speak for a lot of people.

LS JR.
Ditto, I tried hooking up with them and wanted to video the event for my OSO brothers and sisters, unfortunately that didn't happen...

.....wait til February!
Old 01-01-2004, 07:35 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 342 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally posted by 10x
We don't need anyones name, here's the whole story: Comin out of the cut, and heading north it was real snotty and rough. The 41 was runnin and waiting for the Glad to get on plane. When on plane and runnin, he took a beating and could'nt even stay with the 41. The Glad turned and headed south so the 41 turned and followed him. When the 41 came up on the Glad, there was a smoother stretch of a mile or 2 (maybe 1-2's) during this couple mile stretch both went WOT. The Glad then pulled in front of the 41. The 41 ran aprox 95-96, the Glad ran close to 100 or so. Both eng's are now out of the 41 (repower:350HRS) will be back and runnin 3/4 weeks. Look for the return of the tribe. As for the 36 Glad, well we can't disclose who's boat that was cause the baseball player (owner) might get pi$$ed off that the salesman that was beating the snot out of his new boat! From what I understand. the Glad had 800's in it at the time. So are we talkin who won goin north? or who won goin south? There is a big difference here. Frank

Frank,
Were you on the boat?
Old 01-01-2004, 07:44 PM
Registered

Don't races have to have a starting point and finishing point?

Last edited by Tricky919; 01-01-2004 at 09:05 PM.
Old 01-01-2004, 08:15 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 342 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally posted by Tricky919
Don't races have to have starting point and fishing point?
Evidently not when an Apache is involved.
Old 01-01-2004, 08:22 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Craig223: No, I was'nt on either boat, but I did talk to 2 different people at different times who were there, and they both relayed the same story. I have no reason to dought what they say as there is no gain for either. AND it really was'nt any kind of race, so I guess there really was'nt any start or finish. Apache dominated the big water. Gladiator dominated the flat sea. The end for now, but I'm sure there will be a part 2 in a month or so. And I'm sure some camera footage would be acceptable by all parties. If someone would like to be a photographer, that would be GREAT! Mark will be back on the board after next Tuesday and maybe we can get something worked out for some ONBOARD cameras. The footage will be execellant!!!
www.chicagopowerboat.com

Quick Reply: "bravo-butt"--apache Showdown

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.