Like Tree0Likes

Troutly and all other police officers

Old 12-22-2003, 02:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: 2006 Formula 400SS

Thanks to all the police officers out there! Also, to the truckers who help the police! In Houston the other day,
a trucker blocked in a guy in a stolen vehicle that had several police cars chasing him! It's amazing how fast a big truck can make a car stop!
Old 12-22-2003, 02:53 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

My Boats: 1988 Tracker Pro 17, 40 hp Mariner.....1972 Glastron GT 140, Merc 50 power!!!

I never really stopped to think about how many of my friends/family are police officers. I can't count them on both hands. Need to use one foot too (shoe left on for all of you!). Please be careful out there.

I am also one of those who will stop and help at an accident scene if I happen upon it before rescue personel. I will put my truck with all the lights on, 4 ways flashing, between the scene and oncoming traffic until officers arrive. I've had several officers thank me for this. When they arrive I always stay out of their way though. I also have some first aid training (for work) and always have my cell phone with me, so I guess I'm better than nothing until help arrives. I've had several accicents in my life (not in the last 10 years or so) so I guess I'm experienced! I just don't panic or lose my head like some I have seen.

Anyway, stay out of harms way all!
Old 12-22-2003, 03:12 PM
Registered

My Boats: I Have No Boat

Thanks for the heads up Payton, i'll pass it on........

Last edited by Tricky919; 12-22-2003 at 03:15 PM.
Old 12-22-2003, 06:08 PM
Registered

My Boats: 98 Baja 36 Outlaw

Thank you guys for the kind words. Sometimes I question why I got into this line of work but when I read comments like this, I know why. For the people who do care. So to all my brothers and sisters out there, take care at all times. Be safe out there. And remember, its better to be judged by twelve than carried by six.

BTW. There are alot of good truckers out there. I have no problem helping them out when I can because I have been helped out by them. Also, for anybody wearing Second Chance vests, contact the company and see about getting new ones. A buddy of mine got shot this year and the bullet went right through his vest. Appearantly a bunch of their vests were made with a material that breaks down over time, sweat, and heat. My buddy will live but probably never work as a cop again. Still has nerve problems. Due to the falty vest, will probably never have to work again. But, even after this event, he would rather be back out on the street.
Old 12-23-2003, 03:24 AM
Lynch Mob Racing
Platinum Member

My Boats: 39' Cigarette Top Gun, Donzi 22 Classic, 36 Yellowfin

A buddy of mine totaled his police car in a collision with a drunk driver just this Fall. Luckily he made out with only some cuts and bruises. Please be careful out on the road because you never know what's going to happen next. Just like in the fire service, the most important thing is that everybody goes home at the end of the shift.
Attached Thumbnails
Troutly and all other police officers-1-v17.jpg  

Last edited by Hot Duck; 12-23-2003 at 03:29 AM.
Old 12-23-2003, 03:25 AM
Lynch Mob Racing
Platinum Member

My Boats: 39' Cigarette Top Gun, Donzi 22 Classic, 36 Yellowfin

Attached Thumbnails
Troutly and all other police officers-2-v17.jpg  
Old 12-23-2003, 03:58 AM
Registered

My Boats: '99 Formula 382 Poker Run Special/'05 Formula 260 SS

Working in Emergency Departments over the last 24 years, I have known so many individuals in public safety/law enforcement. Always the best people! I am greatful for your help in the E.D. and on the road. You all deserve much more respect and admiration for what you do.

Godspeed to all!
Old 12-23-2003, 05:35 AM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

My Boats: 1999 Advantage 28' Cat

Quote:
Originally posted by Troutly
[COLOR=blue]Hugh,

Each year we have people hit, most often while in their cars. In our line of work up here in the snow and ice the greatest danger we face is being ran into/over.

My partner got hit by some clown doing 70MPH on icey roads last week. He'll be off for a bit but should be OK.
exactly why I find it important to merge to the opposite lane that any patrol, or any vehicle for that matter, is on the shoulder.
I thought there was a new law maing it mandatory to merge, but I rarely see people doing it.
I actually had someone honk and give my thier IQ level because I merged in front of them to clear the lane for a local patrol in Champlin. The guy ran my tail the whole time and it kinda upset me that the the second officer did not do anything. He just stood there watching as we went by. Thought for sure the guy was an a$$ and would get stopped
Old 12-23-2003, 09:36 AM
Registered

My Boats: Blackthunder & Malibu ski boat

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Too Old
[B]Under paid, over worked and much appreciated.

Well said, I think of places like Detroit and know the pay
will never be enough.

Stay safe to all you guys and gals in blue, and a happy and healthy holiday as well.