I need sony plasma 50 or larger >

I need sony plasma 50 or larger

Notices

I need sony plasma 50 or larger

Old 12-18-2003, 03:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need sony plasma 50 or larger

As Christmas is near and I have yet to decide on a gift for the family. I'm thinking of giving the gift of plasma television. Are any OSO members dealers or can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

-Kent
Old 12-18-2003, 03:11 PM
Registered

I'm not a dealer, but some perspective for you:

I have yet to see a plasma bigger than 42 that has the picture quality of the really good 42's...there are good ones, none that I would refer to as great!
Sony would not be my first choice...been there, done that..my NEC42 plasma is the best that I've seen so far.

All the best,
Hans

Last edited by rockstrmkr; 12-18-2003 at 03:27 PM.
Old 12-18-2003, 03:21 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

pm topdj.com or audiofn that's there game
Old 12-18-2003, 06:44 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Fountain38SC Give me a call and I will help you out any way I can. There is a lot that you should know about Plasmas and I would be happy to share as much as I can. If shipping is easy enough then I would be happy to make the purchase at leaste a little more affordable.......

Jon
Old 12-18-2003, 07:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts

audio,

who has the best "cheap" plasma?

I saw where Gateway has an updated cheapie with much more brightness and contrast than their previous cheapie. The new one is 2899 and the old one is 2699.

Bedroom over fireplace application. Not concerned with HDTV.

Also, who has good looking side speakers that blend in like the 37 Aquos does??

any input?
Old 12-19-2003, 02:22 PM
Registered

I work at dell in sales. Call me and I'll see what I can do. 1-888-274-4671 ext 49205

I'll also post some prices too

I think the 42's are around 2500 after 20% discount we're offering now
Old 12-19-2003, 02:32 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by mcollinstn
audio,

That's like cheap horsepower
Old 12-19-2003, 03:12 PM
Registered

try www.plasmahouse.com

I bought mine from them and saved big time!
Old 12-19-2003, 05:07 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Sony has a new 47 out last month that is high quality. 50 just out, but not the same quality as the 47.
Old 12-19-2003, 05:22 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by mcollinstn
audio,

I saw where Gateway has an updated cheapie with much more brightness and contrast than their previous cheapie. The new one is 2899 and the old one is 2699.

Bedroom over fireplace application. Not concerned with HDTV.

Also, who has good looking side speakers that blend in like the 37 Aquos does??

any input?
Well that is a tough one as I am living in the high end and when I look at a cheap one I see nothing that I want to watch. What I have seen of the Gateway is not anything that I feel is worth buying as if you spend just a little more with a Panasonic or Poineer you get a LOT better picture. The problem with looking at Contrast ratio and brightness numbers is that all these jerks are useing their own measurement methods now. So one companies 1000 rated Contrast is anothers 6000 Pisses me off really as I thought we had kept this industry fairly clean up tell now When you look at them you have to realize that they are set up to sell. You HOPEFULLY will take the set home when you get it and adjust it so that it is properly set up for Contrast and Brightness, and grey scale. When you look at a plasma they have a VERY different picture then a tube set so when you look at them it will be hard for you to pic up what makes a good one good and a bad one bad. One of the easiest things to look for is open up the menu's and see what they are set at. Do they have the brightness turned all the way up? Is the contrast all the way up? If so turn them down. If you have a test CD set them up a little if the store will allow (just note the set up when you start, write down the numbers and put it back when you are done). Make sure the sets you are comparing are set up similiar. Next thing to look at and this is were the cheapo's fail is black level. Is BLACK BLACK or is is grey. Most of the cheapo's will have a very grey look to them. Look at the detail in the black area's. Can you see any or is it just black. Try and find test material that will have some one in a dark suit. Can you see the detail in the colar area and things like that. Then you look at the other end of things. WHITE. Is there any detail in the white. Water falls make this easy to figure out.

They will all play HDTV. Most of the Cheap ones are EDTV and that is actually not a bad thing. A good EDTV set will still look good with HDTV going into it. Hope that helps you guys out

Jon

Quick Reply: I need sony plasma 50 or larger

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.