Like Tree0Likes

UNIFICATION vs FRAGMENTATION

Old 12-24-2003, 02:52 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: Azimut

Fragmenting worked well for CART and the IRL!

Cart=Chapter 11
IRL=Indy 500 and ???
Old 12-24-2003, 04:22 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2001 Top Gun T/S, 2002 Gladiator

Mike,
what is it going to take to bring the two organizations together?? Lets get it done. It is obvious that this may be the last chance before things really fall apart. Do it like a mediation, everybody sits down and hammers out the details and signs on the spot. I even have a mediator in Tampa (Cary Singletary) who is unreal at resolving very complex labor and corporate issues.
Old 12-24-2003, 04:52 PM
Mike A.

Quote:
Originally posted by d-hlaw
I even have a mediator in Tampa (Cary Singletary) who is unreal at resolving very complex labor and corporate issues.
OK, don't everyone laugh at once but Cary Singleton was an instructor during my mediation course. Yes, I am a certified mediator believe it or not. I am pretty good at solving others' nasty problems.

Honestly, though, I do not think a mediator is really necessary at this point. John and I are not in any sort of a dispute. I think as long as you all keep up the positive momentum and guys like David, Scotty, Marc and others engage as they said they would then I am sure there something good will happen.

Mike

Old 12-24-2003, 04:57 PM
Registered

My Boats: Formula FASTech 382 Sunseeker Apache 45

What would it be called?

A S P B B I A

Alternating the APBA and SBI letters?
...or drop the xtra "B"

A S P B I A

American Super Power Boat International Association

What about the West Coast?!??!

POPRA is almost non-existent!
Old 12-24-2003, 05:08 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

My Boats: Reindl 28 Vamp, Reindl One Design

Sounds like the best gift we could all ask for. If there is anything I could do to help, please let us know.

[email protected]
Old 12-24-2003, 05:55 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2001 Top Gun T/S, 2002 Gladiator

Mike,
Cary was my Alternative Dispute resolution instructor as well. The guy is sharp. I looked up your address on the Florida Bar website. Are you in the SouthTrust building?? My wife worked for Harris, Barrett, Mann, and Dew before we moved over here to honky-tonk hell....

Last edited by d-hlaw; 12-24-2003 at 05:59 PM.
Old 12-24-2003, 06:37 PM
Registered

My Boats: was a 89" Formula 311-SR1

Dave your insight seems to hit the nail on the head. As an ardent supporter of offshore racing, and reading what Mike and the others have said, it gives us encouragement heading into the new year. I know I would help in any small manner that I could.
Old 12-24-2003, 07:30 PM
Registered

My Boats: Formula FASTech 382 Sunseeker Apache 45
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Shane B
I disagree we are getting more boats out as we speak and if you guys are so worried about the West coast put down your drinks and come on out and race and show us what you've got. Poker runs are fun but its still not racing

Whoa....hey now. What are you saying? You can't drink and race?

Seriously though, that is great news if that is the case! I would race, but only a bat boat. If only we could get some others interested in it so there is more than one bat! Like a whole flock of bats!

I forget which one, but POPRA canceled one race this year about a week or ten days before. That certainly doesn't attract racers!
Old 12-25-2003, 01:28 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

My Boats: 2009 Skater 3212- Mad Props-- 27' Conceot CC t/275VRods

KiloKat,
I met you at the Ft. Lauderdale races. I was there as a fan, but also to gather info.
I have been in contact with many of the racers and their advice has been very helpful. I have been considering starting a team, or joining an existing one, for several months.
I have attended both SBI and APBA races. I had formed plans for each organization.
I have approached high-profile "NON-MARINE" companies as sponsors. Initially I received very favorable responses! Then all hell broke loose. The outlines I gave for SBI participation were positive. The APBA outlines received, due to(I believe) better TV production, much more entusiastic comments. The announced boycott of Orange Beach, and the Key West fiasco, gave voice to serious concerns about investing in this "sport".
I have been basically told that if I want to be funded I need to present a picture of a "UNIFIED" and strong support base among the Racers,other sponsors, the promoting organizaton and THE FANS!
A set race schedule, with pre-arranged PRINT,RADIO and TV coverage is a must. I believe with these things I can bring these potential sponsors back to the table.
I WILL continue to work to put a team together. But I am only interested if a plan such as you propose can be brought to fruition.
I have faith that if that can be done, your the best possible ambassador for the organizations.
I applaud you efforts and look forward to meeting you at a future unified race venue.

Greg Harris
Old 12-26-2003, 10:15 AM
Registered

My Boats: 320 VELOCITY
Mr Scott,Mike A,John C and anyone else who is making all of the important decisions I think that if everyone could grow together it would definitly be the best thing for the sport and everyone involved.Iwish you all the best of luck in getting the job done.