Notices

Any Corian dealers here?

Old 11-21-2002, 07:44 PM
DJD
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Corian dealers here?

I am looking for some Corian to redo the counters in my Post (not the Cig).
The tops are built in with a laminate finish now so I'm looking for some 1/4" thickness like they do in shower walls so I can just cut it out & lay it down.
I'm in the building business but we do mostly Granite & Marble so I relly have no connections for Corian.
Retail SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big $$
Dave
Old 11-21-2002, 09:55 PM
Registered

What's up Dave? How's parenthood treating you?

As for Corian, try contacting Active Thunder, Outerlimits, Nor-Tech and other manufacturers represented here on the board. They all offer Corian in their cabins as an option and most have seemed pretty willing to help the OSO fraternity. Maybe one of them would order the stuff for you and help you save some $$$.
Old 11-21-2002, 10:30 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

DJD why not Grannit? To much weight? That is what they did that boat with that I had a picture up of in the summer. It was a 65 Foot Ocean.

Jon
Old 11-22-2002, 07:58 AM
DJD
Registered

I thought about granite. I went to my supplier & we figured out that the piece I would need would end up weighing 365lbs.
I know its a big boat & the weight wouldn't really matter but I just hate adding weight to a boat.
I'm trying for some nice corian because it can come in 1/4" thickness & I can lay it right on top & then wrap the edge.
Miller, good thought but a boat manufacturer is just another middle man (a very expensive one at that). I'm trying to get right to the source. I got a quote from a retail dealer & it came to $1300 There has to be a better way!
Old 11-22-2002, 08:27 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

DJD go right to the source. www.corian.com Call them up and ask them were the wearhouse is in your area. Then start making phone calls. I am sure that you can get a good deal on the corian it would be the install and finishing that I would think would be hard?

Jon
Old 11-22-2002, 08:44 AM
VIP Member

Dave,
There is a place called Kromark (sp?) by me in Wheeling Illinois. They manufacture the product right there and do custom work. It looks and feels the same as Corian but is half the price. I am going to have custom wall panels made for my shower next month. I believe the minimum thickness is 3/8" .

My sister used them for her kitchen countertops and they still look new after four years. I will post phone number as soon as I get a chance.

Dave
Old 11-22-2002, 09:31 AM
Charter Member #38
Charter Member

Do you have any particular colors in mind ? How much would you need ? Corian is fun stuff to work with. Colors and machinability is great. We deal with quite a bit of corian. Maybe we could do better ?

Corian glues and machines similar to wood. (different glues) The color combinations are infinite !

I know we get 3/4",1/2" and 1/4" material. The colors are somewhat limiting as we get to the 1/4". I'll let you know what we can get.
Old 11-22-2002, 09:56 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Audio-They won't sell it to you. There were problems with the product when it first came out there were traced to installation errors. To prevent future problems, all installers must be certified. I highly doubt that anybody will sell the product to you through the front door.
Old 11-22-2002, 02:07 PM
DJD
Registered

Hotbeek
I found a local dealer that will sell material direct to me.
The price for a 30"x 96" x1/4" is $428. Sand stone is the color.
Let me know what you can do??
Dave
Old 11-22-2002, 02:14 PM
DJD
Registered

Cord, your right. Most dealers won't sell direct. I got the price for material only from a supplier I have an account with.
I still don't know who has fair pricing.
Quotes I got rainged from $428 to $1300 for the same stuff. The higher #s were from places that had to install it.
I figured out how they worked when they told me that they charge extra for the sink cut out...14"x 14" $190. It's the same as cutting a f'ing hole in a piece of plywood. What's up with that?

Quick Reply: Any Corian dealers here?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.