Notices

RUF car reviews...

Old 12-27-2003, 10:57 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by SS930
Cig,
Reread the thread... Jon is referring to the 1984-1985 Porsche 959, not the Ruf.
My mistake, my mistake. Thanks for the clairification. My bad.

I was like, no way! He can't be serious!
Old 12-27-2003, 11:01 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by puder
the day o waste dmy buimme rat watkins tehre as a brand new ruf turbo runnign up there. SICK. sounded lieak jet engine. It was one of the nicest and best performning cars up there.

Its fast fora road car. But as race car its quick but not stupid fast by any means. MY buddy was runngin his 01 van dieman and it was no contest out cornered and just flat out walked away on the straights. BUT other than a GTR it was the only car that even came close to attempting hang with the formula car.
Puder,
Formula cars are a blast to drive! In all fairness to any street car, the formula cars are purpose built open-wheel race cars and really cant be compared... but they are a rush to drive. One of the best bangs for the buck in competitive racing.
Old 12-27-2003, 02:10 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn skippy!

yeha they can;t be compared but my buddy with the FC knows the guy who ran teh club event so he let him run the openwheel car with the "fast group" he lapped teh field after about 5 laps. So yeah it no comparison The rasoni brought irt up was becasue the guy with the RUF though he coudl try to keep up with the FC. In fact he even tried to block him a few times while being passed. It was kind of foney he though it was some kind of race, everyone else realized it was simply a demonstration of the dominance of an open wheel purpose biult race car
Old 12-27-2003, 04:44 PM
Just Say N2O

For a while I worked at a High end car dealership. We had a 2001 twin turbo "911." Black on black, limo tinting on the windows, even the windshield has some tinting. It was a wicked fast car. Right after driving it, I took a 2000 Viper out for comparison. Vipers are very quick, but demand your total attention just to drive down the street. They seem to want to jump 6" sideways when you run over a dime. The RUF on the other hand was a delight to drive casually, and awesome to drive hard.

Old 12-27-2003, 04:46 PM
Registered

Received 64 Likes on 26 Posts

years ago i drove a all sheet metal interior roll caged 930 with lots of motor work done and the guy also had a gumballa (spelling?) porche that he had spent around 100k on the motor and he had a new viper and after you got out of the viper and into the 930 the viper seemed like a work truck and then you got into the gumballa and the 930 seemed like a work truck. we were going down I44 outside of tulsa ok and if you floored it at 130 it would not do much for a couple seconds then the turbos would build up and the tires would break loose. And yes the guy is in prison now for getting caught with 800 lbs of cocaine. wish i had been working on the car when he got caught, maybe i could have used it till he got out.
Old 12-27-2003, 04:59 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Bigyellowcat
And yes the guy is in prison now for getting caught with 800 lbs of cocaine.
Sounds like he'll be tied up for a long time.

I know two gentlemen in Chicago that may be able to spring him.
Old 12-27-2003, 08:30 PM
Registered

Originally posted by cashbrain
Are we forgetting about the Hammer..the fastest sedan ever built...topped out at 210 mph..the ultimate sleeper
Ever hear of the "yellow bird"? You can still buy them from Ruf. To the best of my knowledge since AMG has been absorbed by Mercedes, they are not offering the fire-breathing monsters they built in the past. And although AMG's are fast cars (with some suspension and brake work as well), they just aren't designed to go head to head with the Ruf products on the back-roads/race tracks. But since you've owned both, I'm sure you know that.
Old 12-27-2003, 09:12 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I have a video here of a yellow 1994 Ruff Porsche Turbo doing lap at the Nurburgring in Germany (a track used for Formula 1 till 1976-about 14 miles long). I think Derek Bell is driving it is unbelievable. four wheel drifts in carousel corners and the thing just torques to all hell spinning tires while drifting and powering out of corners. Everyone that has seen that video start breathing only after his lap is done.

I have never seen a road car with that kind of power, responsiveness and handling. Ruff's are hard to beat.

Last edited by GLH; 12-27-2003 at 09:18 PM.
Old 12-27-2003, 09:16 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Found it on the net you will have a bird.... It's two of them wotrth the download!!!

First portion;
http://www.polarisuk.com/video/auto/...burgring-1.wmv

Second :
http://www.polarisuk.com/video/auto/...burgring-2.wmv

Let me know!!!

Now that is driving, There is no substitute!

Last edited by GLH; 12-27-2003 at 09:34 PM.
Old 12-27-2003, 09:22 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

In the video you see the guy is wearing penny loafers driving like that !!!

Quick Reply: RUF car reviews...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.