Notices

Good-Bye Pepper

Old 12-28-2003, 10:41 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry about your friend.
I own 2 dogs and 3 parrots and each and every one are a part of my family.

A few months ago my little Maximilian parrot (Magoo) got very ill. So ill the vet said when we brought her in she doubted if she would make the night.

Well she turned out to be a real fighter. After 11 days in the hospital,$1700.00 in vet bills,she is back to the feisty little bird she used to be.

Again,VERY sorry about your loss. I have lost allot of pets and every time one passes,a little part of me dies too !!
Old 12-28-2003, 02:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you all very much for your kind words.
We've always had lab's and after a while we will get another, but not until I put a fence up around my property.
Thanks again, Jaye
Old 12-28-2003, 03:18 PM
packinair

Sorry for your loss.....we had our great pyrenees hit by a car a few years ago.. rushed him to the vet late at night, the next morning we went in and they said they can TRY and save him but there is onlt a 10% chance he will live through the surgury and it will be expensive., and after that he still had a broken leg. How do you say no??? $3k later he passed away, I was heart broken, don't remeber ever being so sad in my life.... Now years later I have a 6' fence around my entire back yard that is alittle over an acre with 2 great dogs...

Old 12-28-2003, 05:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about your loss. My Boxer was hit and killed back in May. I have an acre fenced and her and the other dog (Shiba Inu) would dig under the fence and go running the farms and country. Well 3 days before she was hit, I ordered an above ground electric fence to go to the bottow part of the existing fence. It arrived one day to late sad to say. However, if you have any digging problems this is the way to go. My Dogs will not go near the fence anymore. They have each only been shocked a couple of times which is a lot better than being hit by a car. Sorry again for you loss our dogs are deffinately a part of the family.