8.43%
What is a Cabin ?
5.72%
Voters: 332. You may not vote on this poll

Boat Cabins

Old 12-29-2003, 10:05 AM
WickedWon

Default Big Power = No Ammenities

If ya build a fast one you lose the option of a cabin thats for anything other than bunks, bulkheads and storage. If you've got the power you're gonna use it, especially when it's choppy cause that's when you get the rush Time and time again I've been out running hard with guys, we get back to the dock and they're on this huge high........... then they go below and come back up with that awful look on their face.

If you pay attention to the faster boat threads ( an example would be OL) Those guys start out with cabin boats and quickly move to non- cabins cause " we really never used the cabin " that ain't the only reason

Cabins are fine just remember, if ain't glassed in, eventually it's coming out

Old 12-29-2003, 02:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wickedwon,

As an OL owner, I can assure you that the cabin is still there after a hard day of running. The only inconveience I have experienced with having a cabin is sometimes I lose prime on the A/C pump & have to re-prime it.

Our plasma tv has endured many beatings, and is still working just fine.
Old 12-29-2003, 04:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Animalhouse,

Love to see some Pics !!
Old 12-29-2003, 05:30 PM
WickedWon

Originally posted by animalhouse
wickedwon,

As an OL owner, I can assure you that the cabin is still there after a hard day of running. The only inconveience I have experienced with having a cabin is sometimes I lose prime on the A/C pump & have to re-prime it.

Our plasma tv has endured many beatings, and is still working just fine.
There is something about a 50 footer that takes a little of the edge off the occasional big one and how are the wine glasses I always see in the print ads holding up ? Knowing what you know now would you really try and combine a seriously fast offshore with all the ammenities ?

Old 12-29-2003, 05:45 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wicked,

knowing what I know now, I would think long and hard about the ammenities. Not because of how well they hold up in hard conditions, but the overall practicality of such a large cabin.

The major use of this boat is all day trips. The bigger the cabin, the more junk you end up storing. But I will admit, I have been forced to spend some nights on-board, and thank god that it was there.

The wine glasses and bottles of Grey Goose are all still in tact.
Old 12-29-2003, 09:43 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Scott: I think the ideal setup would be to have a big Sea Ray type of cruiser docked in the harbor for partying and entertaining, then, the hot rod go fast deep V or cat docked along side. (Now back to reality) Boating is about compromises, you can't run 100 in 5-6's in that 45 Sea Ray, but you can't go down below in that 3 man bolster, stag eng, no cabin hot rod boat and flip on the AC, take a shower, and watch some TV. For me, I like havin some what of a cabin to get out of the sun or just kick back and relax. (The wife will surely agree to that!) We probably spend less than 2% of our time in the boat, in the cabin. So I say if we need to have all the plush comforts of home, we might as well stay home. We both love goin fast and jumpin waves!
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 12-30-2003, 02:14 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i would like a cabin w/ all the trimmings but the way i run in the rough nothing woulds last.. im glad i got a cig w. the covergirl only... on the way to the mentor harbor poker run got caught in ten footers... nothing would have lasted the way i drive!!!!
Old 12-30-2003, 02:17 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

my buddy has a 80 mangusta w/ bacarat crystal for 12 as standard amen... you can only imagine then cost to replace... not to mention the 50" plasma + the 4 dvd players etc...
Old 12-30-2003, 07:12 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by 10x
Scott: I think the ideal setup would be to have a big Sea Ray type of cruiser docked in the harbor for partying and entertaining, then, the hot rod go fast deep V or cat docked along side. (Now back to reality) Boating is about compromises, you can't run 100 in 5-6's in that 45 Sea Ray, but you can't go down below in that 3 man bolster, stag eng, no cabin hot rod boat and flip on the AC, take a shower, and watch some TV. For me, I like havin some what of a cabin to get out of the sun or just kick back and relax. (The wife will surely agree to that!) We probably spend less than 2% of our time in the boat, in the cabin. So I say if we need to have all the plush comforts of home, we might as well stay home. We both love goin fast and jumpin waves!

Yes .... one would think this would be a great way to have both worlds covered ..... HOWEVER ..... once you get that big SeaRay dialed in, cleaned up and checked all the little crap they put on those damn things .... HALF the day is gone !!!! It's amazing how much constant clean-up there is on the bigger cruisers (40 +) I found that it really cut in to actual boating time and had to sell the cruiser !!!! Now a center console and a GO-FAST .... thats another story ........
Attached Thumbnails Boat Cabins-jerry%5Cs-boat-016.jpg  
Old 12-30-2003, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by LEOPAJM
Yes .... one would think this would be a great way to have both worlds covered ..... HOWEVER ..... once you get that big SeaRay dialed in, cleaned up and checked all the little crap they put on those damn things .... HALF the day is gone !!!! It's amazing how much constant clean-up there is on the bigger cruisers (40 +) I found that it really cut in to actual boating time and had to sell the cruiser !!!! Now a center console and a GO-FAST .... thats another story ........
I found the same thing Jerry, but now do miss having the floating hotel some nights when you get back late !

Quick Reply: Boat Cabins

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.