What is a Cabin ?
5.72%
Voters: 332. You may not vote on this poll

Boat Cabins

Old 12-30-2003, 10:53 AM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My personal preferance is 6 pack full stagger with 1/4 cabin for your junk.....but for everyone that does family boating it just isn't practical.

But hey another idea is to have say a 53' express cruiser and the wave crusher to do bay blasts with while everyone hangs on the cruiser.

All in all most family boating you need the frills of the full cabin to go hang, shower & change to go get ready to got to the bar & restaraunt at the end of the day to unwind.

Just a couple of hindsight thoughts on my part.

Sean
Old 12-30-2003, 07:54 PM
wetpleasure

The reason I like a big cabin is I put about 75 hours on the motors driving. The rest of the time (about 1000 hours) I am in a cove or on the beach blending up some crazy drinks and listening to tunes. The girls love the air condition cabin more than any motor when you are partying.

Old 12-30-2003, 11:58 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

If you need a cabin, go for a "cabin cruiser" Otherwise, just go with the basics. You will probably not use the amenities anyway
Old 12-31-2003, 02:15 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

I like having the best of both worlds. Being able to go fast when I want and also having someplace comfortable to sleep for those weekend excursions.

I don't like to run my boat hard. I open her up for a minute or so but mainly cruising at 50mph. If I wanted to run fast all the time and beat the crap out of my boat I would opt for no cabin. For the type of boating I do, a cabin is needed. BTW, a friend has a 42' OL and his cabin seems to hold up just fine.

Panther
Old 12-31-2003, 02:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by 10x
Scott: I think the ideal setup would be to have a big Sea Ray type of cruiser docked in the harbor for partying and entertaining, then, the hot rod go fast deep V or cat docked along side. (Now back to reality) Boating is about compromises, you can't run 100 in 5-6's in that 45 Sea Ray, but you can't go down below in that 3 man bolster, stag eng, no cabin hot rod boat and flip on the AC, take a shower, and watch some TV. For me, I like havin some what of a cabin to get out of the sun or just kick back and relax. (The wife will surely agree to that!) We probably spend less than 2% of our time in the boat, in the cabin. So I say if we need to have all the plush comforts of home, we might as well stay home. We both love goin fast and jumpin waves!
Ok, I'm not able to pimp in that league, but I DO have (owned with a friend) an old 31' silverton convertable (the Cirrohsis of the River) and my 22' Donzi. There's lots of days where we take both boats out with a bunch of people, drop anchor in the Atlantic on a calm day....and tie 'em together. That way we can party on the big boat, and still go for a rip in the Donzi when the urge hits......and the urge seems to hit quite often.....
Old 12-31-2003, 03:32 PM
Registered

Originally posted by animalhouse
wicked,

knowing what I know now, I would think long and hard about the ammenities. Not because of how well they hold up in hard conditions, but the overall practicality of such a large cabin.

The major use of this boat is all day trips. The bigger the cabin, the more junk you end up storing. But I will admit, I have been forced to spend some nights on-board, and thank god that it was there.

The wine glasses and bottles of Grey Goose are all still in tact.
The only problem I see with this statement is that the Grey Goose is still in tact. NK
Old 12-31-2003, 03:34 PM
Registered

JM Nicely done with the center console. Very sharp. I saw JD's in Florida very nice also. How bout more pics. NK
Old 12-31-2003, 06:03 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

We (3 of us) spend every weekend on the boat Fri-Sun but all we do in the cabin is sleep. If it's crappy we stay home, we've figured Cover-girl (Cigarette) is enough, I look at it as camping. If I need A/C, Heat, a fridge and want to watch TV or DVD's I'll stay home. I'm in a freakin cabin all winter long anyway!
Old 01-01-2004, 09:03 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default There's a switch ...

Originally posted by Nauti Kitty
JM Nicely done with the center console. Very sharp. I saw JD's in Florida very nice also. How bout more pics. NK
Now your asking me for pics !!!!
NK ..... I'll bring the Concept thread back up .... all I have are in there ....... JM

Old 01-01-2004, 11:23 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I own a Formula 382 with all the amenities like Troutly, and don't regret it for a second. We've spent LOTS of long weekends onboard, and being able to duck into an air-conditioned cabin to cool off on a sweltering day in the middle of a raftup can be a Godsend, not to mention the savings on hotels. With 600's, we can run close to 80, but more importantly, we can cruise a 3900/55-60 all day long.

Quick Reply: Boat Cabins

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.