Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   I hate these god dam f'n computers and the people that write the programs!!!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/67314-i-hate-these-god-dam-fn-computers-people-write-programs.html)

Pure Energy 12-28-2003 02:56 PM

I hate these god dam f'n computers and the people that write the programs!!!!!!

I went out and bought a $650.00 video camera for my wife and I for X-Mass. I wanted one that I could download onto the computer and post on the internet.

Well the camera works great but cannot download onto the computer. I was able to play it once on the computer but that was it. Now I get on the transfer screen and nothing happens! No matter what I click, or how many times I click it....noth'in. I have re-installed, followed all the instruction and still noth'in! WTF!! Why is this so difficult? The Help feature is completely useless. Do these companies do any testing? Do I have to be a god dam computer rocket scientist to use all this crap? Man am I pissed!!!

Maybe another 6 pack will calm me down:p This frigg'in thing is worse than my boat!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

martiniboat 12-28-2003 03:10 PM

Boy, do I know where you're coming from!

I'm not computer savvy by any means and rely on the help of computer experts when the need arises. On more than one occasion I've been ready to throw in the towel (or computer;) ) Sometimes it does seem more dificult than it should be but often, as I've found out anyway, it's actually quite simple when you get 'onto it'. Technology is wonderful...isn't it?

Not sure if the 6-pack will help or hinder?:D ;)

Digital cameras, computers, electronic devices in general:hothead: Grrr...

Pure Energy 12-28-2003 03:18 PM

I can't even get the CD to eject!!! If computers are so perfect then why do they have problems? Can't they correct themselves automatically? Why do we have to run scan disk, disk defragmenter etc? Computers may be perfect but the people building them sure aren't!!!

Audiofn 12-28-2003 03:41 PM

Get a Apple :D:D Actually I am a PC buy as well and they can suck from time to time.

What computer are you running?

What is the speed (if you know)

What Operating system are you using? 98, 2000, XP

Need more info.

Jon

CAP071 12-28-2003 04:26 PM

I spent 2 hours on tech support setting up my computer and new e-mail accounts what a waste of time.

Steve_H 12-28-2003 04:33 PM

my brother bought a Dell 6 months ago and has had nothing but trouble with it. Dell has replaced damm near all the components in the thing and it still doesnt work right.
come to find out its got programs on it that he didnt install like kazaa. its supposed to be new. looks like they dumped a refurbed puter on him and called it new
:eek:

CAP071 12-28-2003 04:44 PM

WHY IS AOL DUMPING ALL OSO THREADS INTO SPAM FOLDER WHEN I SAID ACCEPT ALL MAILS? DAMN THIS CRAP SUCKS

Cessna172 12-29-2003 05:46 PM

I hear ya. I get just as frustrated sometimes. Try the six pack, it usually helps get rid of the frustation but doesn't fix the computer (oh well, You'll feel better anyway)