Notices

what a stupid boat...

Old 12-29-2003, 11:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what a stupid boat...

The designers of the 27 fastech should be fired...

Went to the NY boat show on saturday and checked out some of the boats we were interested in, good thing we did, what a joke the formula is..

first off the boat is uncomfortable sitting on the floor nevermind in the water.

have to drop the bolster or step over the top to get between it and the wheel.

throttle lever is almost behind you, just about have to reach back to operate it..

anyone over 5'5" cant sit in the passenger bolster without knees wedged up against the dash, then the idots put a knob to open a panel right between your knees,,, take one good wave and someone is going to need stitches w/ a sliced up knee.

grab handles are ridiculously placed.

cabin lounge seat backs are like a foot high and you cant even lean back..

the v-berth feels like an MRI machine, my nose was touching the head liner..

what a POS..

The 27 fever isn't much better, I think the cockpit was designed by midgets... for a 27 footer its a joke.

at the helm you feel like granny driving a buick, all crunched up against the wheel, and forget about standing in the bolster,,, there is no foot rest,, hit a good wave and your gonna slide under the dash.

for what its worth, Baja builds a very well thought out comfortable boat, and the new 245 is very nice w/ a 496 HO, although I don't really care for their new cabin configuration.

other than that the show was a joke..
Old 12-29-2003, 11:40 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Chris,
Noticed the same thing,,,, And I'm a Formula guy. I don't know if they are trying to fit stuff in or they just don't realize some of us are 6-2" and 230 pounds!!! I think the Porters are tiny people!

I also agree on the Baja thing. I'm not really a Baja kind of guy but,,,,,,,,, maybe I should be,,,,,,,,,,, those boats are laid out well with tons of cabin and cockpit space.

Some boats are just plain stupid, regardless of what brand they are.

I need to become a boat consultant
Old 12-29-2003, 11:44 AM
Registered

Chris, dont hold back. Tell us how you really feel about those boats!
Old 12-29-2003, 11:52 AM
Registered

my wife had a formula when we met and she is formula loyal, but I walked out of there shaking my head saying to myself who in the hell designed this POS... it's a complete JOKE !!
Old 12-29-2003, 11:59 AM
Registered

Now wait just one minute

Is it a Piece O Sh!t or is it a Joke

Im sorry to hear this, I thought by now you would at least be able to cross one of the boats your looking at off the list
Old 12-29-2003, 12:29 PM
Registered

Chris,

It would seem to me that your disappointed with the layout of THAT particular boat. What about the 292? Having been a Formula owner for several years I can attest to teh quality of the construction and the folks in Decatur. The Porter family is a class act and they are people of the highest integrity. Additionally their support after the sale is nothing short of spectacular. It would seem to me that the layout of this particular model is not fitting of your needs but call Formula a POS and a JOKE isn't cool.
Old 12-29-2003, 12:34 PM
Registered

Looks like chris was refering to the 27 foot range boats, I would agree there is not much room in the formula or the fountain. I have a buddy who owned a 272 Baja Boss, that thing had a ton of room in the cockpit.
Old 12-29-2003, 12:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts

Some of the under-30' models from many mfrs seem to go overboard at trying to "look" like they have more open cockpit area than they do.

Shame that Formula has fallen victim to this.

the larger models (in my opinion) do a wonderful job of balancing ergonomics, usability, and room.
Old 12-29-2003, 12:35 PM
Registered

Shane, the 29 fastech was better.

and It has nothing to do w/ the " layout " of the 27 it's just plain piss poorly designed... I was going to take pics. and I should have...

Now I know why this pic. is the way it is.. kid probably CAN'T get his knees between the seat and dash. and look how far back the driver would have to reach to work the throttle stick ??
Attached Thumbnails what a stupid boat...-formula.jpg  

Last edited by Chris232; 12-29-2003 at 12:41 PM.
Old 12-29-2003, 12:39 PM
Registered

Originally posted by yellowbird
Then whats this, junk then too.

2004 pace boat
Twin 575SC
38'
Kevlar hull
Race fairing
Sportmasters

Come on I think your being a little hard on Formula.
This one i've posted the pix is the nicest one I seen in a while. I'd love to know the top speed, cause its a class act.

Who said anything about the quality of the 29 or the 38

Quick Reply: what a stupid boat...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.