Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   And now for something completely different. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/67381-now-something-completely-different.html)

T2x 12-29-2003 12:44 PM

And now for something completely different.

1 Attachment(s)

December 25th. 2003

To all the [email protected] Yahoo boating friends,

This website has been a joy for me this past year. Many thanks to Karen for her inspiration to get it started!

For many years I've been associated with boaters of all ages, and walks of life. I can't tell you what a pleasure it has been for the Switzer family to do our part, helping people like you, get the most enjoyment from their boating experience.

We wore many hats: designing family boats with new innovations, sometimes first to hit the market in production boats. The ski-tow bar back in 1958, including a fold down ladder, and a 180 degree reversible ski observers seat, to name a few. Then there was the racing crowd the demanded 'Speed with Safety" by the way one of our 50's and 70's slogans. The many record setting models come to mind: There was the Shooting Star a 15'6" semi-tunnel boat developed in 1964 that went on to set some impressive speed mid 80 mph records with only a 100 cu. in. Mercury,!.. And, not least of all was the last minute development of the famous Switzer Wing: Designed and built just 8 days before the 1961 Winnebago Marathon, that went on to win that event, and set new standards for "speed with safety" ie the first pickle fork designs to include enclosed cockpit canopy. It also went on to recorded speeds in excess of 120 mph, at Lake X, mover 40 years ago.

The list goes on and on, but I just wanted to share with all of you how much the marine business, and most of all the customers meant to the Switzer family.

I enjoy answering the questions I receive via this media and look forward to meeting with all of you someday. Maybe at the next get together Which brings me to my final thought: A special thanks goes to Tom and April for all their effort to host the first Switzergroup get together last summer. Although only a few were present it was the start of that could turn out to be a fun event for all of you at a future get together.

Our best wishes to all of you, at this time where we "count our blessings".

Bob & Carol Switzer

Switzer Craft Boat Co.

[email protected]

FYI.....They ended up building Offshore play boats........ But

THE WING RULES....................

Joe Todesca 12-29-2003 02:31 PM

T2x isn't that the hull/ boat family you are referbing ? If so how is that project coming along? Happy New Year ! Jo

T2x 12-29-2003 02:37 PM

DarrenUS1's Wing

1 Attachment(s)

Originally posted by Joe Todesca
T2x isn't that the hull/ boat family you are referbing ? If so how is that project coming along? Happy New Year ! Jo
She's coming right along.....all structural work is done....we are preparing it for painting...and fabricating new aelerons and rear cowlings.

Thanks for asking

buckknekkid 12-29-2003 02:40 PM

top speed?

think Darren will get it past 135?:fish:

T2x 12-29-2003 02:42 PM

Re: top speed?

Originally posted by buckknekkid
think Darren will get it past 135?:fish:
Not if I have anything to say about it...........

He'd try.......without a second thought....believe me.

T2x......... Darren's chaffeur

cuda 12-29-2003 05:48 PM

Didn't Robert get a Wing too?

boot 12-29-2003 10:44 PM

Please give us more pictures and info ! I saw it at "Skaterfest " . That thing is cool ! Can't wait to see it go ! Good luck with it . Joe