Notices

Need help in Houston

Old 12-11-2003, 05:06 PM
28 Thunder

Default Need help in Houston

Moving to the Houston area, need a place to keep my 28 thunder, and I need to have some engine work done.

Anyone have any suggestions.

Ty

Old 12-11-2003, 05:23 PM
chuckbeecher
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want easy access try Clear Lake Marine Center. Covered slings ..there several new stack/rack marinas but you don't have 24 hr. access to boat. Most close at sundown. Engine work..there are several.
Old 12-11-2003, 05:32 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

I'll rent you my sling for the next three months - if you like. $200/month. Covered, above the water and right behind my mechanics in their marina, who are (I forgot the new designation) the highest ranking in Mercruiser Dealers, Mars Marine. Gate entrance, water, bathrooms, shower etc... Give Travis, owner of Mars Marine, a call to discuss your service issues: 281-326-3360. You're welcome to mention Joe Pandak ref'd you. I don't think you'll find a better high performance shop in Houston.

Re: Where to keep your boat.... I'd agree with chuckbeecher - Clear Lake Marine is the best spot for in & out. I kept mine there for years until this one came available. If you've seen my other posts, I'm getting a bunch of motor/transom etc... work done on mine during the winter months. My boat will be ready to go, hopefully by March 1st. You're welcome to rent my slip until then. I'm letting Travis use it at the moment.

Joe Pandak
[email protected]
713-222-7667 Office
832-277-3661 Mobile
Old 12-11-2003, 05:34 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Lake Conroe, if you would like fresh water 35min north of Houston. Clear Lake 20min south. What kind of engine work?
Old 12-11-2003, 07:17 PM
Registered

I agree with what has been posted. That offer of Joes can't be beat. I believe Clear Lake Marine Center is $10 a foot.

Where are you moving here from? If you have any other questions (boat or non boat related) feel free to ask.
Old 12-12-2003, 06:47 AM
28 Thunder

Moving from Jacksonville, Dont really know where in Houston yet. Boat is always first priority. I will find a good place to boat, then start looking for a home in the surrounding area.

Any other Active Thunders in the area?

Ty

Old 12-12-2003, 07:03 AM
Registered

If dry stack is more your thing, my boat's at Parkside Marina in Clear Lake. The new Marker One and Marina Bay Harbor dry stacks are also very nice, but a little more expensive. For engine work, try Mars Marine or Victory Marine, both in the Clear Lake area.
C'mon over to the Turtle Club when you get here - you'll always find a few powerboat people upstairs on a Saturday night.
Old 12-12-2003, 07:58 AM
Registered

Originally posted by 28 Thunder
Moving from Jacksonville, Dont really know where in Houston yet. Boat is always first priority. I will find a good place to boat, then start looking for a home in the surrounding area.

Ty

Go to Conroe,or Clearlake,just depends on your Life style

sounds like you have no worry in the sky,it must be nice TY

Last edited by HOUSTONPROP; 12-12-2003 at 08:07 AM.
Old 12-12-2003, 10:12 AM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally posted by 28 Thunder

Ty
Yep. One of the guys I boat with regularlly, Roy Schneider aka "Thunder Roy" just sold his 37 AT to a local and there's two other 31's across from me over at Clear Lake Marine. Both of the guys are really nice.

One of the 31 AT owners, Frank, owns a furniture store... For one reason or another I was commenting on how great of service and price I received from this furniture store named Carroll's Office Furniture... Anyway, long story short -- He's Frank Carroll. Really nice guy. Same with the other gentleman (unfortunatly I only see him on the dock - haven't ever made it out to boat with him.
Old 12-15-2003, 07:26 AM
28 Thunder

Does anyone have any phone #s for clear lake marine

Ty

Last edited by 28 Thunder; 12-15-2003 at 07:30 AM.

Quick Reply: Need help in Houston

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.