Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
NYC boat show observations >

NYC boat show observations

Notices

NYC boat show observations

Old 01-05-2004, 10:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also - give Paul the benefit of the doubt. Anyone can have a bad day, hour or moment.

Mike & Paul are usually class acts.
Old 01-06-2004, 02:30 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Dave.
Im sorry I didn't make it to the show and not many NJ events...But. Im doin a very cool rebuild and if we can figure out something closer to NY, Im sure I would kidk some ass.
Old 01-06-2004, 04:28 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Re: NYC boat show observations

Originally posted by epeek
The Powerplay looked solid, but is boring as hell. Anyone who was there got any opinions?
Although it wasn't covered in graphics, to build a solid navy blue boat like it was, sure showed you any flaws. Maybe that was part of the idea? There wasn't any that I saw.
I certainly took notice of how straight that hull was. In comparison to what everyone expects today, no it wasn't colored up. But from what I hear, it will be for the Atlantic City Show.
Still, to me at least, some boats being clean of fancy graphics can be a eye catcher too.

I was also at the Concept booth where they displayed some beautiful CC's. Congrats on the sales TYPHOON MARINE!

I agree with Pete, If it fit my budget, the OL's are one of the best built vee bottoms around today and I wouldn't hesitate to buy one..
To see a wave or 2 in the deck, unless you know why first hand, it may be explained.
Perhaps the customer ordered an ulra-light boat. The bulkheads will show if an area is light on material.
One must look and say,"Is it poor mold work, or just the frame work from inside?"
From what I am told, the OL's are not gelcoated. That is the primary reason for each one to be painted.
The wild paint schemes come from the ideas of their buyers in conjunction with their painter.

For anyone that wants to see Performance Boats in a show in New Jersey, Atlantic City is the place to go!
That show has been growing in leaps and bounds every year....

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 01-06-2004, 08:00 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did anybody at the NY show happen to notice the Worlds Fastest V Hull up on stands? The 42 GTX on display is the same pleasure boat that ran 149.7 mph.
Old 01-06-2004, 08:51 AM
Registered

To the people that question ol glass work,i jus walked out in my shop and looked my boat all over and with my paint guy and we can't find one flaw in the work at all. this is my second ol and thats why i went to the 42 and will buy a 42 epoxy in a heartbeat.
they paint the boats because that what the customers want,mike will do anything the customer wants and gives a excellent product and a fast boat.
as far as the stitch work,i know the guy personally and he did my 37 for me after i got done racing with a new interior and it was perfect.
in respect to Paul at shows, if you every worked one you should know that thousands of people come up to you and want to b.s for a hour after a week it's tiring. Paul from day one treated me with utmost respect and answered all my questions. case in point on my delivery day of my 37 at Trenton marine he showed up and walked me through everything and answered all my questions.
outerlimits slogan says it all "no compromise"
Old 01-06-2004, 11:12 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Pete,

Don't make me come down to the shore and give you an ass kicking.....

See you in a couple of weeks....

zzie
Old 01-06-2004, 11:21 AM
Registered

hey ozzie, i heard you ran in the glen cove poker run and pete and john didn't sea you thought you where still tied to the dock. delivered for pete with love from him.
p.s two foot of chop and you stay on the dock
Old 01-06-2004, 12:28 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by outer42
[B]To the people that question ol glass work,i jus walked out in my shop and looked my boat all over and with my paint guy and we can't find one flaw in the work at all. this is my second ol and thats why i went to the 42 and will buy a 42 epoxy in a heartbeat.
they paint the boats because that what the customers want,mike will do anything the customer wants and gives a excellent product and a fast boat.
as far as the stitch work,i know the guy personally and he did my 37 for me after i got done racing with a new interior and it was perfect.
in respect to Paul at shows, if you every worked one you should know that thousands of people come up to you and want to b.s for a hour after a week it's tiring. Paul from day one treated me with utmost respect and answered all my questions. case in point on my delivery day of my 37 at Trenton marine he showed up and walked me through everything and answered all my questions.

As much as I like the 42 OL (I've been looking at them quite a bit over the years) I have seen some wavy hullsides and "print thru" looking down the side of a few 42's National has had.(there aren't many boats that don't have some of this going on) Not that there's anything wrong with that. I don't know that it would alter structural integrity at all ... just a visual observation ???

JM
Old 01-06-2004, 12:39 PM
Registered

loepajm,
I don't see how you can see print thru in a foamcored boat,skater uses balsa core on some of there boats that cause that. as far as wavy hullsides there is alot of paint on these boats that are cleared and reflection could be the answer. I looked at numerous ones at the factory with no paint and the work is flawless.

Last edited by outer42; 01-06-2004 at 12:42 PM.
Old 01-06-2004, 12:42 PM
Registered

Originally posted by LEOPAJM
As much as I like the 42 OL (I've been looking at them quite a bit over the years) I have seen some wavy hullsides and "print thru" looking down the side of a few 42's National has had.(there aren't many boats that don't have some of this going on) Not that there's anything wrong with that. I don't know that it would alter structural integrity at all ... just a visual observation ???

JM
Thats all I'm talking about. Jeez it's not like I said
the boats are a piece of junk! It's just an observation.
You O.L guys are so defensive.

Quick Reply: NYC boat show observations

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.