Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Sir Troutly, local TV Celeb >

Sir Troutly, local TV Celeb

Notices

Sir Troutly, local TV Celeb

Old 01-06-2004, 12:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I fell like a dick. That is a horrible and tragic story. I could not deal with seeing the tragedy that cops do on a daily basis. I never would have made light of it if I new why you were on tv. I hope you understand.......
Old 01-06-2004, 01:16 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Man I can not imagine
Old 01-06-2004, 03:28 AM
Registered

Sorry to hear about what you had to investigate. I was just wondering. Do the school buses there have the yellow poles that extend outwards in the front of the bus when stopped to drop off kids?? It is a swing arme that is attached on the passenger side and swings forward 90 degrees. They implemented them in Pa. after a couple accidents like this. It forces the kids to go far enough forward in front of the bus so that the driver can see them as they cross the street. If you guys dont have them, I would seriously look into it. Made a drastic reduction in accidents like this here.
Old 01-06-2004, 03:44 AM
Registered

Cuda said it the best!!
Old 01-06-2004, 05:44 AM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW, that is a horrible story...at times I always thought being a cop would be cool, fun, entertaining etc, but to hear stories like that change my mind real quick.
Old 01-06-2004, 05:45 AM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Troutly
I understand completely and am not offended by it at all . I found the stuff posted rather funny . You guys could not have known what it was about.
Sorta makes me guilty that I did not know or I would have posted as such.
I was cleaning the house and had the stereo on, Tv was just on in the background. Turned around and there it was, at the end and by the time I turned down the stereo it was done..

Troutly, I do remember that accident, so sad and even worse you had to investigate it.
I can only imagine what you and the wife go through. Makes me realize my job is not so bad after all.
BTW, I came upon the suicide in Anoka not too long ago
Talk about sickening. Thought that if i was just going a few miles an hour faster who knows where she would have been when I drove under the overpass

Each of us have a job to do, some may be physical, more mental, but the world should be thankful that we have people like you and your wife that does the work you do..

Happy New Year to you and your Family
Old 01-06-2004, 05:49 AM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thread Title changed for the better
Old 01-06-2004, 06:48 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I couldn't deal with that, regarding stuff like that I'll keep my head barried in the sand and pay my taxes.
Thanks all you LE officers.
Old 01-06-2004, 06:55 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My hat is off to you and all of the other officers trying to make this a better palce for the rest of us.

I just want to say thank you for all of your efforts even if I'm not in your immediate area
Old 01-06-2004, 07:59 AM
Registered

Troutly, many years ago, up north, a school bus stopped in front of a house to pick up several of the neighborhood children, as the custom. The youngest boy living in the house that the bus stops in front of, was a little late and came running down the slight hill of his yard to catch the bus. Just as he came beside it, he slipped and fell/slid just under the bus. Unfortunately no one saw this happen and the bus driver pulled away, with both rear wheels running over the little boy. To make matters worse, the mother watched this scenario from the window. The little boy died, and for some unknown reason, she buried her son in the cemetary directly across the street. Most people thought that was a little wierd. The bus driver was completely innocent of any wrong doing, but when he heard what had happened, he broke down so bad that he could not finish the run, the school had to send an alternate driver, and the original driver never drove again. I applaud you and those like you for doing that type of job. There is damn little I cannot do, but I could not do that. Russ

Quick Reply: Sir Troutly, local TV Celeb

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.