Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Livorsi Marine Personal Thanks from Mike Livorsi (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/68072-livorsi-marine-personal-thanks-mike-livorsi.html)

GAUGETHIS 01-06-2004 02:35 PM

Livorsi Marine Personal Thanks from Mike Livorsi

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your great support on here and also by phone and fax. I really appreciate it! I thought it best to give you a personal note rather than letting rumors spread.

As many of you know we have been involved in a lengthy legal battle over our use of the Gaffrig name for several years now. While we were confident we bought the right to use the name and we owned the trademark rights. We felt we had the right to use the marks on all of our gauge, for over 16 years, a judge recently surprised us by ruling we can't use them anymore.

The bottom line is I've been in the industry for a long, long time. I know a lot of you personally and have hung out with you at Poker Runs, talked to you at shows and seen you on the water. You know me and you know what the Livorsi name stands for high quality high performance products backed by the BEST customer service in the industry. We DON'T settle for second best and we don't expect you to.

We've been standard equipment in Bajas, Cigarettes, Donzis, Fountains, Formulas, Hustlers, Norechs, Outerlimits, Skaters, and many others for many years.

After much thought, we have elected to put the Livorsi name right on the gauges from here on out-that's who we've been for the past 16 years. This will end any confusion over a brand name. Let me stress, the only thing that is changing is the logo on the gauge.

We are very excited to have my name on our gauges! In retrospect , it's something we should have done earlier, as people and manufactures, dealers, and boat builders I have spoken to are VERY excited about the new look. Who knew?

Again, as the years go on, I can't tell you how much I appreciate your loyalty to us. We are thankful for your friendship and are glad you continue to make Livorsi Marine your choice for superior gauges and customer service.

Happy New Year and boat safe,

Mike Livorsi

SummerObsession 01-06-2004 02:43 PM

Wise choice!
It's a great time to start your OWN identity, as lots of people here, at least, would rather buy your products. It'll be that much easier to find them!;)

frequentflyer 01-06-2004 02:50 PM

Great choice. You guys sell a great product and you should have your name on it. Now, can I send you all my gauges so I can have them retrofitted with the new name ? :D

klaw 01-06-2004 02:52 PM

Mike

Best of luck

You are doing the right thing you did me right when I regauged the Bullet a few years back

Its a shame that all the good will in the Gaffig name was all generated by you and now someone else will profit from it.

See you on the Chain

Gary "Escape Klaws" Klawinski

wwwTOPDJcom 01-06-2004 02:54 PM

That is the way I expected Lavosi to handle this. They are to much of a stand up company to let this set back hurt them much. Good job guys. I am sure there are plenty of details that we do not need to know about. The only thing that is important is that you guys keep treating the customers with the upmost respect. Thanks for all the help in the past and look forward to the future.

Jon

cobra marty 01-06-2004 02:56 PM

Now how about a web site that we can see your great guages.

Audiofn 01-06-2004 02:57 PM

Originally posted by wwwTOPDJcom
That is the way I expected Lavosi to handle this. They are to much of a stand up company to let this set back hurt them much. Good job guys. I am sure there are plenty of details that we do not need to know about. The only thing that is important is that you guys keep treating the customers with the upmost respect. Thanks for all the help in the past and look forward to the future.

Jon

That was me by the way. Guess Top was surfing OSO before he gave me this puder :D:D

Sean 01-06-2004 03:05 PM

Great job Mike and good luck going forward...you've earned a great reputation and now you get to put YOUR name on it!

CigDaze 01-06-2004 03:05 PM

Mike Livorsi,

Thank you for taking the time to come on here and let us hear your side of the story.

From the other post, I would think it is clear to most everyone who makes the best gauge out there, gaffrig name or not, and that is Livorsi Marine.

Your reputation with superior customer service and an exceptional product have earned you the respect you deserve.

You have my continued support. Best of luck!

:)

Gary C 01-06-2004 03:15 PM

Good Luck Mike! I met you in Miami 2 years ago, remember unbolting that steering wheel from your display board? :)