Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Finally got to use my SNOWBLOWER!!!!! YES!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/68096-finally-got-use-my-snowblower-yes.html)

Waterfoul 01-06-2004 08:15 PM

Finally got to use my SNOWBLOWER!!!!! YES!!!

Well, the neighbor girl and I got one of her cars out of the way and I moved my boat into the back of her driveway... her's extends nearly to the back of her lot, which puts my boat, under covers (yes, more than one) alongside my garage.

Then, the fun started!! First time my boat has been moved since June when it broke. Put some fresh gas in the snowblower, choked it, primed it, started on the second pull!! We have gotten about 6-7 inches of really nice snow. Not wet, perfect snow. By the time I was done I was wishing we had bigger driveways!!!

Man, I wish I had a digital camera..... It was good fun!! I love gas powered tools!!!!

'Foul

Cord 01-06-2004 08:21 PM

Finally had the chance here yesterday. Just be forwarned of some really cold weather headed your way! -5 last night. 8 right now. Proably will get close to 0 tonight.

BTW-that article made several interesting suggestions for me to try. The least of which was to replace the carb.

Waterfoul 01-06-2004 08:23 PM

I'ts 12 degrees here right now. They are saying single digits tonight, teens tomorrow with windchills down to -20 degrees behind 35 mph gusts!!

BRRRR!! But, if it's gonna be this cold, it better be snowing!!! And it is!!!

Smitty 01-06-2004 08:28 PM

So did you offer some hot tea and me to the neighbor girl ???:D :D :D

Waterfoul 01-06-2004 08:33 PM

Ahhhh, you wouldn't say that if you knew her. About 6'1", 200 lbs, red hair, teaches 3rd grade (I think), and is married to a hispanic guy about 5'6". Nice guy too!!

She's a great neighbor though. She let's me have the back 28' or so of her driveway, and I snowblow both our driveways all winter. Our driveways are connected....about 2 1/2 cars wide or so, so it's actually easier for me just to do them both anyway!!

MACDAD260 01-06-2004 08:40 PM

Mike, I think my driveway is bigger than yours. Bring that puppy over and you can show me how good it works. :D

Waterfoul 01-06-2004 08:43 PM

Yeah Doug, your driveway is bigger than mine is..... about 10 times longer at least!!
What do you clear yours with? You got a blower attachment for the Deere??

CAP071 01-06-2004 09:09 PM

Still No snow here keep it there with you :D

Smitty 01-06-2004 09:11 PM

Can't beat having nice people for neighbors. That is something I lack in my new house. I am throwing a block party this spring and I am dragging them all out of their houses !!!!

Waterfoul 01-06-2004 09:11 PM

What we're getting is called lake effect. If you go about 10-12 miles west of my house, it is not snowing. Where I live, I am on the edge of the Lake Effect Snow Belt.

So there's NO chance this storm can affect you!!!! Too bad.....