Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Southeastern Coastal Usa (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/68158-southeastern-coastal-usa.html)

goldenruhl 01-23-2004 10:17 AM

Hi C_Spray,
My email is [email protected].
Thanks much,
Rick

RollWithIt 01-23-2004 10:23 AM

Goldenruhl. I am on a similar quest. Trying to escape the crappy job market and social market of Pittsburgh. This place has gone down hill fast. But I am definately looking in Florida only. In fact, getting on the road today. Next time on I will be in Florida. Good luck to you and the Mrs on your quest.

Tim, I didnt know you were originally from Pa. Hopefully I'll get a chance to run into you while down there. Will definately be at Miami for the show.

JPD Motorsports 01-23-2004 10:37 AM

Tim G is that pic at the MAr Vista PUB in post 7? Man love that atmosphere there.

Rollwithit where abouts are you looking at? Have some really good friends that are realators in the Bradenton Sarasota are that are boaters. If on that side look up Sara Bay Reallty there. good luck

stevebaretta 01-23-2004 10:59 AM

Tim G, Great picture! People relaxing with powerboats in the background. Don't get no better than that.

ChrisK 01-23-2004 11:30 AM

Hard... He is stopping in the Carolinas tonight and then will be here tomorrow. He is staying with me while he ssearches for a job/area to live...

818181 01-23-2004 11:54 AM

Check out Barefoot Landing in Myrtle Beach, So. Carolina, Houses & condo's back up to I.C.W., & beach is a mile away. Plenty of condo's & land sites. Ask for Jay Springs at BarefootLanding Realty.:cool: :cool: :cool:

C_Spray 01-23-2004 12:43 PM

Lots of good suggestions here - thanks, everybody. While Myrtle Beach is nice, I'm looking for lots of room to roam: this is going to be a retirement house. Having a chioce of only either "the ditch" (ICW) or the open ocean isn't enough. I'm looking for lots of Bay and estuary waters. Anyone who has spent some time exploring Cheaspeake Bay will understand that one. I'm also looking for at least one or two acres. I'm not the type to live 20' from my next door neighbor's house.
My wife's relatives are in NJ, so we don't want to get more than a day's drive (500 miles) away from them.

Not asking for much, huh? :rolleyes:

goldenruhl 01-23-2004 12:49 PM

Hi C_Spray,
I'm a little different. I want an acre or less. I don't want a part time job cutting grass! LOL. We just want decent water, hopefully with ICW access.
Rick

C_Spray 01-27-2004 02:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mr. Demeanour - Did you get my email?

We're headed down this Thursday evening (29th) to spend Friday and Saturday kicking around New Bern/Oriental. If any has any realtors or contacts to recommend, let me know....

Rick - Who said anything about grass? I just want some space. Like this:

goldenruhl 01-27-2004 03:17 PM

Hello Mr. C_Spray!
Arapohoe, NC - 6 miles from Oriental. The development is Shine Landing. Coastal Marketing & Development CO. out of New Bern.
Talk to Duncan Harrison @ 800 566 5263. They have 4 other waterfront developments in the area. Good luck and say hi to Duncan for us! Please let me know how it goes.
Rick