There are Honest people on E-Bay

Notices

There are Honest people on E-Bay

Old 01-08-2004, 09:16 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Re: Re: CORD /YOU KNOW IT

Originally posted by Too Old
I bought some parts from an OSO member and sent fifty bucks to much. I was in a hurry to get the payment off and just had the wrong figure in my mind. I would have never remembered that we agreed on a lesser price.

The seller emailed me immediately to let me know I over paid him and he was sending the over payment back.

It's nice to reflect on the basic goodness of most people.
Very true, reading the threads I have noticed that OSO members are the best people you could meet. They're only greedy when it comes to their number of post.

Roby
Old 01-08-2004, 10:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's good to hear my last few transactions on ebay were more trouble than they were worth. At least there's a few good people left.
Old 01-08-2004, 11:25 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good things are always nice to hear.
I know there are honest people out there.

One day, as I was headed out to lunch, I spotted a wallet standing on edge in the road. I stopped, grabbed it and went on my way. When I returned to the office I went through it for identification. I found 500 in cash, several personal and company credit cards, and the owners business card.
Turned out he worked for Darden Restaurants which owns Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Bahama Breeze and one or two others. Their corporate offices are directly across the street from mine.
I called, made arrangements to return the wallet to a grateful owner. In return he gave me a card for a dinner and drinks at any of Dardens restaurants.
It pays to be honest.
Old 01-08-2004, 12:10 PM
Registered

Not to toot my own horn, but I'm currently helping this guy get some funds for his family out of Nigeria. Apparently there is a lot of crime, corruption and violence over there, and he needed someplace secure to hold the funds until he got out of the country. He's said he's going to give me a nice cut of the money as a service fee too; maybe we'll be able to get a boat in time for Smoke on the Water this year.

And to think it just started with an e-mail over the Internet; feels good to help out someone in need.
Old 01-08-2004, 12:41 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally posted by dockrocker
Not to toot my own horn, but I'm currently helping this guy get some funds for his family out of Nigeria....
Very good for you. I'm still working on shipping the bridge you got from me Dock but it'll come.
Old 01-08-2004, 12:56 PM
Registered

Originally posted by dockrocker
Not to toot my own horn, but I'm currently helping this guy get some funds for his family out of Nigeria. Apparently there is a lot of crime, corruption and violence over there, and he needed someplace secure to hold the funds until he got out of the country. He's said he's going to give me a nice cut of the money as a service fee too; maybe we'll be able to get a boat in time for Smoke on the Water this year.

And to think it just started with an e-mail over the Internet; feels good to help out someone in need.
Are you being serious? If so, I smell a scam being born here. Be very careful.
Old 01-08-2004, 01:01 PM
David Haag

I am the guy who sent the cash in the box to Darin. It was just before Christmas and I was pressed for time so I made a stupid decision. I was horrified when Darin told me he did not get the money. I am so relieved that this guy was honest. LESSON LEARNED. I am so sorry for the inconvienence, Darin.

Last edited by David Haag; 01-08-2004 at 01:05 PM.

Old 01-08-2004, 01:39 PM
David Haag

I agree, I have recieved those types of emails to. I have been burned before on an internet scam so yes, be very careful. I do not recall many wealthy people trying to flee there countries. I dont even think they have any food over there. Get out while you can.

Old 01-08-2004, 03:06 PM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have bought stuff from both Too Old "Fred" and RPM "Rod" These stand Up Guys Both shipped the goods before the check even was sent. Now when you earn that kind of trust you don't mess it up!
Its a asset on this board
Old 01-08-2004, 11:48 PM
Registered

Talking David H/ NO PROBLEMO

BUT SPEAKING of computers TOPDJ was that you that was wanting to trade a computer for prop and rework or something , just before Christmas

I DON'T BE- BEM-BER

DARIN

Quick Reply: There are Honest people on E-Bay

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.