Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   There are Honest people on E-Bay (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/68249-there-honest-people-e-bay.html)

HOUSTONPROP 01-08-2004 06:29 AM

There are Honest people on E-Bay

We have been very busy at the shop, and a OSO customer send in a propeller in for repair and said he put cash in a envelope on top of the box. Well, we did not find it in the box. and shipped out about 6 boxes of Propellers to E-bay customers. One of the boxes, being the customer who sent the cash and a blank check. Well, I look at my E-mail this morning and see, that a e-bay customer found the envelope, in his box and is sending it back to us. We had just considered it a loss.

But do to this Honest/ e-Bay customer, We have solved the case of the missing envelope. There was over two hundred dollars in the envelope,he didnt pay this much for the stainless he got .

This proves there are honest people on e- bay .

SS930 01-08-2004 06:46 AM

Good to hear there are a few good people... Wish I could say that about most of my internet transactions, but about 50% of the time I've gotten shafted. Live and learn.

GLH 01-08-2004 06:49 AM

Sending cash in envelopes?? thru the mail?? no receipts or tracking of payments... no wonder people get taken.

Or am I paranoid?

Cord 01-08-2004 08:17 AM

Be sure to state such in his feedback. And maybe a little somthing is deserved for him too. Gift certificate for a free lab?

HOUSTONPROP 01-08-2004 08:23 AM

CORD /YOU KNOW IT

OH YEAH!!!!!!! HE HAS FREE PROP REPAIRS FOR LIFE,

IT'S NOT THE MONEY.

IT'S ALL ABOUT DOING THE RIGHT THING!!!!!!!!!

Cord 01-08-2004 08:29 AM

Re: CORD /YOU KNOW IT

Originally posted by HOUSTONPROP
OH YEAH!!!!!!! HE HAS FREE PROP REPAIRS FOR LIFE,

IT'S NOT THE MONEY.

IT'S ALL ABOUT DOING THE RIGHT THING!!!!!!!!!

That's even better! Hey, it doesn't cost you too much, and you now smell like a rose! :cool:

formula31 01-08-2004 08:39 AM

Wow, Very impressive. I have to wonder if I would have been that honest. I would like to think I would but then again. I ordered a tool from one of the big online tool companies in December. It came and there was an extension cord in the box to that I didnt order or pay for (I think). I called and ask and they didnt know anything about it, must have been a booboo in shipping. I still have it and now assume its mine. Right or wrong?

jryan26 01-08-2004 08:46 AM

I sold a boat to a guy in denmark, got paid via western union about 6wks ago, and havent heard from him since! I still have the boat and title.

CigDaze 01-08-2004 08:46 AM

That's great to hear! I'm glad there are still people like that out there! :D

Cord 01-08-2004 09:08 AM

Originally posted by jryan26
I sold a boat to a guy in denmark, got paid via western union about 6wks ago, and havent heard from him since! I still have the boat and title.

He hasn't asked for the refund yet? Usually they ask for their refund right away so the check can bounce and they get the cash.