Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Best 28' performance boat for rough water? >

Best 28' performance boat for rough water?

Notices

Best 28' performance boat for rough water?

Old 01-11-2004, 09:14 PM
Registered

Received 253 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally posted by Indy
Does Saber have a website?

What is their yearly production numbers?
search SABER, they have a website, do not know the address.

production.... about 1

these guys just are not into promotion, you have to search them out and beg to get one
Old 01-11-2004, 09:25 PM
BuzzinBye!

Saber website.

www.hallandhomes.com/saber

Dan

Old 01-11-2004, 09:40 PM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts

Warpaint....where in the heck are you? Chuck and these Bat Boats are offering to kick your but in "Apache" water. Dude, you gotta bring this thing to and end! This could be your first victim with the new power! Don't let us down now! I think we need a nice 20-25mph breeze up the bay and do a Turkey Point to Jelly Fish's cruise! You gotta put this thing to bed now!
Old 01-11-2004, 09:58 PM
BJM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will run my new activator being built against warpaint from turkey point to Jellyfish joel's on any day this summer! I will be willing to bet a $1,000 or free drinks all day or anything else you would like to bet. Then we can share the results of what happened first hand between a 28 Apache and 27 Activator. Any other 28 footer is welcome to the challenge(1 or 2 motors, it don't matter) As long as it's rough I have no doubt about who will get there first.

This should stir things up alittle more!

B.J.Maher
Old 01-11-2004, 09:58 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

HEY WARPAINT!!! Come spring have those new mills ready to rock....Chuck wants to hand you your A$$!!I want to be there for this one!!! Loser buys the Pains in the a$$e$ at Jellyfish!!!
Old 01-12-2004, 07:19 AM
WickedWon

Default Whirlygig, Welcome....But

Whoever the hell you are I'm afraid you don't understand how this board works, let me give you some tips

#1 Exaggerate everything, facts are never good enough.

#2 Speeds, IT"S ALL ABOUT THE #! Never mention how the boat would barely get up on plane when geared for the BIG NUMBER... TMI !!! And everthing goes " mid 90's" GET IT !

#3 It's not about good boats that work well ITS ABOUT BRAND NAME RECOGNITION ! Remember, most people don't actually use these things at speed in Offshore conditions THEY JUST TALK ABOUT IT TO NON BOATERS ! For that you simply need a BIG NAME, BIG # and WHATS HAPPENING TODAY GRAPHICS !

I hope this will preclude you from posting any more lengthy, accurate, informative, REAL experiences about performance boating Maybe you could post a picture of your desk instead You probably don't understand that last sentence, if you can figure out how to PM me please do.

Jim Deitz

Old 01-12-2004, 07:42 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

Jim - ROTFLMAO!

Great, informative post - and SO, SO true.

Why don't we all try to get together somewhere this summer and have an OSO "28-foot rally"? This would give us a chance to run with each other for fun and get to know each other before having a big face-off. I'd be a bit concerned that if we all got together at Turkey Point for the first time, with all this testoterone floating around somebody might get hurt before we get to Jellyfish Joel's. (I have no doubts that someone WILL get hurt once we get there - anyone who's had a "PainInTheAss" or two will testify to that.) After all, this is supposed to be fun.....

Besides, if BJ's going to show up, I need time to line up JT to drive my boat. (I ain't worth a dam&...)

Hmm - sounds like this thread is more relevant to the "OSO Grudge Match" line of thinking....
Old 01-12-2004, 08:05 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Bob
Warpaint....where in the heck are you? Chuck and these Bat Boats are offering to kick your but in "Apache" water. Dude, you gotta bring this thing to and end! This could be your first victim with the new power! Don't let us down now! I think we need a nice 20-25mph breeze up the bay and do a Turkey Point to Jelly Fish's cruise! You gotta put this thing to bed now!
Bob, i rise above Chuck Sprague every day all year long.My Apache drips on his big white Formula in the summer.He is below me on the rack at Tome's.

Bjm, i met up with you outside of Lloyds creek remember.We were all drifting around.When i started my boat you ran away like a little girl I do remember a hot blonde on the Activator that day,do you still own her
Old 01-12-2004, 08:28 AM
BJM
Registered

Warpaint

I do remember floating around outside of Lloyds,but running away like a little girl? I sold that boat but I still have the blonde in my rotation! My new boat will be finished in the spring and my challenge will stand to anyone all summer! C-spray, bring it on! I ain't afraid of no stinkin Bat! I suggest to all who want to play to bring your helmets and Life jackets, cause that can be a nasty ride with 20mph winds. I will race for money,drinks ,dinner, *****es, or nothing at all. Whatever anybody wants.

B.J.Maher
Old 01-12-2004, 09:12 AM
Registered

Originally posted by dreamer
parnell you gotta take that bet with the 28 cig just get some pro chargers bolt em on and the money you'll win will pay for them!!!... just remember to fill the front tank full and get someone who is not of, er, uh, your stature to drive so the boat wont list to starboard!!!!
Trim Tabs my boy Trim Tabs

I am not dumb enough to suggest that a 73 cig with 600 horse is going to outrun a bat even in rough water. 20 mph is a big lead. I appreciate cspray's attitude about his boat but I would caution Mr Offshore about any guarantee in offshore boating. Perhaps a bit too confident.

JM and JD where's "no excuses" when you need it?

BTW Post #112 is the bat boat even with a 28 pantera or is that just me.

Last edited by Nauti Kitty; 01-12-2004 at 09:15 AM.

Quick Reply: Best 28' performance boat for rough water?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.