Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Best 28' performance boat for rough water? >

Best 28' performance boat for rough water?

Notices

Best 28' performance boat for rough water?

Old 01-12-2004, 01:24 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Attached Thumbnails Best 28' performance boat for rough water?-soundbarrier.jpg  
Old 01-12-2004, 01:30 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts
Default Re: show us your stuff upfront

Originally posted by THEJOKER
It's not all about speed in rough water my friends. My 28 Joker is as long as a 33ft boat from steering wheel to tip of the bow. 5 bulkheads /stringers in the deck and all wrapped in kevlar. We can run with the best of them . Get this event organized , all I hear on here is long distant runs , etc. It never materializes - BH
I figured you couldn't hold out much longer
Old 01-12-2004, 01:32 PM
Registered

Not bad in the rough
Attached Thumbnails Best 28' performance boat for rough water?-28_travelnow2.jpg  
Old 01-12-2004, 01:41 PM
BJM
Registered

Mr offshore and C-spray

I agree that the 28 bat is the best single engine rough water boat there is, I think that's just a fact. To beat a 28 will be very difficult , but I'm up for the challenge,(what's 1000 bucks anyway) My offer to serve drinks in a skirt is only to WarPaint

I have no doubt that the 27 Activator will beat everything else

There are some crazy MoFo's on Long Island that have a 27 with 800hp called snack time. The boat does 105. The boat is all Yellow and black. Story's of them kicking everybodys ass up that way are becoming ledgendary. I'm sure they will come down for our little run.

Hollar at you later, I gotta go back to work
Old 01-12-2004, 02:11 PM
Registered

Wicked One,

Your Post:
Whoever the hell you are I'm afraid you don't understand how this board works, let me give you some tips

#1 Exaggerate everything, facts are never good enough.

#2 Speeds, IT"S ALL ABOUT THE #! Never mention how the boat would barely get up on plane when geared for the BIG NUMBER... TMI !!! And everthing goes " mid 90's" GET IT !

#3 It's not about good boats that work well ITS ABOUT BRAND NAME RECOGNITION ! Remember, most people don't actually use these things at speed in Offshore conditions THEY JUST TALK ABOUT IT TO NON BOATERS ! For that you simply need a BIG NAME, BIG # and WHATS HAPPENING TODAY GRAPHICS !

I hope this will preclude you from posting any more lengthy, accurate, informative, REAL experiences about performance boating Maybe you could post a picture of your desk instead You probably don't understand that last sentence, if you can figure out how to PM me please do.

Most appreciative of the rule clarification!

I would be more than happy to "PM" you if I knew what it meant.

Must educate the novice.

I do have some old pics I can post, I will work on it. I have to scan them first. I don't believe we had these fandangled computers back when I raced, only duck tape, zip ties, antiseize and cups.

Lance
Old 01-12-2004, 02:32 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"I would be more than happy to "PM" you if I knew what it meant."

Lance,
PM = Private Message. Click on the "PM" icon under one of Wicked Won's posts... then fill in the PM form and press send at the bottom of the PM page.

Welcome aboard!
Old 01-12-2004, 02:44 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Whirlygig
Wicked One,

I would be more than happy to "PM" you if I knew what it meant.

Must educate the novice.
Lance
SS930 told you what it is and how to do it, but what he didn't tell you is you need to be at least a Gold member (paying) to PM.
Old 01-12-2004, 02:50 PM
Registered

SS930 / FeverFan

Thanx for the info. I was planning on becoming a paying member anyway, tired of not seeing the pics.

Whirlygig
Old 01-12-2004, 02:52 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by FeverFan
SS930 told you what it is and how to do it, but what he didn't tell you is you need to be at least a Gold member (paying) to PM.
My bad, I didn't notice he wasn't a member.

Thanks for catching that.
Old 01-12-2004, 03:03 PM
WickedWon

Default Whirlygig

Lance, my entire post was tongue in cheek your's on the other hand was a breath of fresh air. You will quickly figure out all the " web lingo" and when you can't just ask, the people on this board tend to be more than kind regarding new members and the learning curve ( even if they are full of cr#p when it comes to boats )

BTW ( which means by the way) I know your old Saber well, and watched it race, I can't believe we haven't met...... hell maybe we have, between my age and the booze who knows

Again , welcome
JD

Quick Reply: Best 28' performance boat for rough water?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.